View Single Post
Old 29th June 2005, 19:25   #89  |  Link
superdump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9
Well.. if you can convince me why this is necessary and why the turbo flag isn't enough..
Well, I suppose it makes it more versatile so you don't have to add or remove stuff from the turbo flag but if turbo is implemented as mentioned in the x264 dev thread then I have no reason to convince you really.

I assume that when using the automatic 2 pass mode with turbo enabled it only uses the reduced settings in the first pass and uses the settings specified in the gui for the second pass, right?

Quote:
Though, I have one thing planned not yet listed in the todo list: update an existing job in the queue.. you can load their settings, but you cannot save them back again. Once you can, you can apply another profile to the first pass if you please.. I kinda doubt that most people would want to do that though.. basically you want your options to match as good as possible with the exception of those that can be safely reduced.. and those are the ones for the turbo flag.
Not necessarily for altering the codec settings for my purpose but generally I think this is a worthwhile feature, in case mistakes are made etc.

Quote:
I just got a new PC (dual core so I might not write any code today either but I'll resume the work tomorrow and look at the mb options you mentioned.. I'm pretty sure I don't even have to reproduce them.. I seem to recall to have put in certain defaults.. iirc I apply all mb options but force the dropdown to custom.. I can add logic that makes it go to all or none depending on what is checked and what is unchecked.. and the --analyse options.. your'e correct, I didn't take care of that.. it never was an issue using mencoder and that's where I based the commandline generation code on.
Niiice. AMD or P4? I'm sure that will aid with the next codec comparison. I did note that the options worked correctly for mencoder, it's just the 'none' switch that needs adding when using the cli.

Cheers.