View Single Post
Old 11th July 2018, 17:58   #3117  |  Link
manolito

I found an issue with all versions of ffms2 with AAC-LATM audio streams. Unfortunately this evil audio format is one of the standards for German DVB-T2 broadcasts.

I posted the detailed problem plus a sample file here:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...72#post1846272

According to qyot27 a (sort of) working solution would be to index the source manually before calling ffaudiosource. But still the second audio track cannot be accessed.

LAVFilters have no problems with this audio format. But unfortunately AVStoDVD can only access the first audio track with DirectShowSource. For the second audio track ffmpegsource must be used.

I think that only very few users will be affected by this issue, it is probably not worth spending any time to fix it.

Cheers
manolito

//EDIT//
Turned out that it was surprisingly difficult to find a workaround for such sources to make them work in AVStoDVD. It is easy if you only need the first audio track, but if the second track is also needed (and you want audio to be in sync) then only methods which do not use AviSynth for audio seem to work.

Specifying "FFmpeg Safe Mode" under preferences works, but there is no way to process audio. The other option is to use FFmpeg to preprocess the source. I use dmMediaConverter as the front end for FFmpeg. Repacking the source to MKV, using copy mode for video and converting both audio tracks to AC3 did the trick. The front end makes it easy to use built-in FFmpeg audio filters, and the AC3 encoder is first rate. Then feed the resulting MKV to AVStoDVD and use Direct Stream Copy for the audio tracks. This is my preferred method.

Last edited by manolito; 13th July 2018 at 22:51.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote