View Single Post
Old 6th December 2009, 19:19   #8  |  Link
Umat54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtnoise View Post
@Umat54: if you're ready for testing, I can provide you some samples...
I do not want to nag and understand if you do not have time. I have not heard from you here or through PM, I am still ready to do as much testing as you want.

In the meantime, I use MeGUI + HandBrake combo for iPhone / iPod touch encoding.

MeGUI because it is great for all the options and works for AviSynth scripting, resizing, cropping, audio syncing, muxing etc. It just cannot produce iPhone compatible multiple audio files.

Handbrake is rather featureless when compared to MeGUI, does not even support AviSynth files as input (why??), but it does produce iPhone compatible multiple audio files.

So I let MeGUI do all the hard work and output everything into a MKV file with losless or very low audio and video compression, and then just let HandBrake to reencode the file.

I believe all that MeGUI lacks is writing a few bits somewhere in the MP4 headers. If I knew what bits and where then I could write a simple "patcher" app - does anybody have any pointers? Or is there any such patcher available already? Or, does anybody know some other MeGUI-like app that handles AviSynth files and can produce iPhone compatible multi-audio files?

Or am I the only one who wants to have more than one audio track in iPod Touch video?
Umat54 is offline   Reply With Quote