View Single Post
Old 15th July 2017, 21:06   #44358  |  Link
SamuelMaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
I do not use colored noise or change dither for every frame but they do not take any extra GPU or CPU power. They are purly a matter of taste, not performance.

I am not sure why screen size or viewing distance would affect the choice either, if you are close you can notice the increased subjective noise from change dither for every frame and/or the increased chroma noise, I would want to turn them off in both situations.

I do agree that any post process device after madVR is probably counter productive.
Just my personal experiences with couple 26" smallish monitors, 42" TV as a monitor (all arm-length away) and 55" across living room. The both ticks are "essential" on the 42" TV, since they do hide a lot of the noise and patterns (or what I think it is dither pattern, anyways it is gone after enabling that setting).

With the 55" TV I see no difference whatsoever due to the distance already eating away the noise (poor eyesight too). Same with the 26" monitors, just a tiny bit of difference if really concentrate on it.

However if they do not affect performance even a tiny bit, can enable both I suppose.
SamuelMaki is offline   Reply With Quote