View Single Post
Old 11th November 2019, 00:22   #6868  |  Link
Liisachan
李姗倩 Lǐ Shān Qiàn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarad View Post
good morning,
I would like to know
1) the differences between mpc-hc and mpc-be? I can't find the answer.
Maybe there are many, many subtle differences between the two (honestly I don't know much). Personally one thing I like about MPC-BE is something very minor: you can maximize the Properties window (Shift+F10). This is very convenient when you read x264 encoder settings in the MediaInfo tab.
One thing I like about MPC-HC is, it still supports VMR9 (renderless), no more supported by MPC-BE. VMR9 works well for me when the Internal Subtitle Renderer is used (not about the highest video quality, but about subtitle frame-accurateness). However I don't use ISR in MPC-BE, so this is not so important after all.

Imho both HC and BE are great players, and perhaps both are about the same for many practical purposes (like watching anime). I think -hc uses the 3rd party LAV filters, while -be uses its own internal filters by default. But optionally you can use external LAV filters too, if you disable internal ones. -hc is currently in the maintenance mode, while -be is being actively developed. So basically you shouldn't ask for new features in MPC-HC, while you could freely request (at least ask) something new to the MPC-BE devs if you'd like to.
Liisachan is offline   Reply With Quote