View Single Post
Old 21st April 2010, 01:53   #7828  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanerulz69 View Post
out of all the bd rebuilder betas i have tried only the recent one i have used automatic and i have done all 3 lord of the ring blu-rays and 2012 blu-ray (usa versions) and the automatic button did all 4 movies in 1pass mode, and i have looked at all of the final results and it seems when i use to do the movies with 2pass i can tell alot of difference in the movie, i hate that cause it really does the movie alot faster, i can start a movie at night and in the afternoon its done, and with 2 pass its about 24hrs or more, so i dunno if in time 1 pass will show the same great results as 2pass or not do you?
I'm still playing with settings for "Automatic" and will be tweaking it over the next few versions. In the meantime you may want to try setting the bias a little higher by using:

AUTO_BIAS=2

From the HIDDENOPTS.TXT file:

AUTO_BIAS=n -- n = 0/1/2 - Default= 1, Auto Quality bias, 0=higher speed, 1=normal, 2=higher quality

It's in the eye of the beholder -- but I personally don't see a lot of difference between one-pass and two-pass on BD-25 encodes, where it is very obvious in challenging BD-5/9 backups.

You may want to try a compromise like Good-Quality/2 pass or High-Quality/1 pass.

Last edited by jdobbs; 21st April 2010 at 01:57.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote