Thread: Avisynth+
View Single Post
Old 26th July 2019, 22:11   #4812  |  Link
qyot27
...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
Is there an avisynth+ version of DitherTools by any chance (I searched but came up empty)? If not, is there a way to get dithertool's rgb48y output into RGBP16 which AVIsynth+ handles? I think rgb48y and RGBP16 are basically the same thing just stored differently.
From the Dither tools wiki page:
Quote:
"rgb48y" 48-bit RGB. The components R, G and B are conveyed on three YV12 or Y8 (if supported) stack16 clips interleaved on a frame basis.
I don't truly know how to interpret that description. Because from what it sounds like, you'd have to treat a Y8 frame (assuming it would default to Y8 on 2.6 and Plus) as an individual RGB plane, but you *also* have to apply ConvertFromStacked() and Select every third frame into individual variables to try then stitching them back together into a real RGBP16 stream with CombinePlanes. That's just my best guess, assuming the 'interleaved on a frame basis' means something like 6 frames being R1-B1-G1-R2-B2-G2, and not 'interleaved' in the sense that Stack16 format's counterpart Interleaved16 was for doing high bit depth.

IMO, I think it'd be easier to see if other Plus-compatible plugins (or its native HBD and dither functionality) can do what you want without bringing DitherTools into it at all.

Last edited by qyot27; 26th July 2019 at 22:17.