View Single Post
Old 28th June 2018, 20:45   #1  |  Link
oldschooltech

Help settings / software bluray archiving

BACKGROUND info:

I have been a long time off and on lurking person on this site and forum. It seems no one does disc backup anymore. I learned settings along time ago for DVD / CD with NERO 6, for data backup.

Now I dont use nero 6 anymore as it can not do blurays, does not work with windows 10 and I have not had a need for mass archiving like I once did.

SOFTWARE question:

It seems most software is about the same for dvd/cd burning anymore can the same be said of bluray backup? ATM I have imgburn, CyberLink Power2Go 10, and ashampoo burning studio free. Cyberlink came in bundle with the powerdvd. I loved Nero and it seems burning rom has not changed its interface, I dont mind buying it if it better.

SETTING question:

what mode / settings are best for data backup on bluray, I rember staying away from UDF and using ISO xxxxx and joliet, BUT now im using bigger files, seems UDF is needed.

MEDIA question:

One last thing, I do plan on using verbatim M disc for my Photo / Videos, but Looked in to media seems verbatim and panasonic are still at the top. Seems a lot of people Liked and recommend Optical quantum bluray, They are 1/2 the cost of verbatim. There was a lot of Testimonial about no bit rot 5-6 year latter and low coasters. I got some, then found out they changed dyes (golden bottom) they got bought out by Vinpower. They seem to have some people upset, but some people say they still work fine. Anyone got input? Are they still anygood, or should I just use them to play with and learn with?

Thanks for everything, I will be back, after this project It will be learning to make HTPC library 5.1 /atmos encoding.

Last edited by oldschooltech; 28th June 2018 at 20:47. Reason: info add
oldschooltech is offline   Reply With Quote