View Single Post
Old 12th July 2015, 11:55   #31700  |  Link
SithUK

I've given up on using a 3D LUT for now. I've tried turning the LAV filter decoding to None (instead of DXVA native), and using the Bilinear chrome upscaler. I tried ticking all boxes in the "trade quality for performance" section. Unfortunately my average render speed sometimes exceeds 50ms on busy action scenes, with 40ms being the minimum for a 25fps film.

It looks like a 5 year old laptop (i5 2.4Ghz/4Gb/HD 4500) is too old tech to manage a 3D LUT.

Fortunately I've sourced a new lamp for my JVC X3 and the colours look ok, so I can live with the setup for now. Thanks for the help in trying to get a 3D LUT to work for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SithUK View Post
I've had a look and the Ati 540v that I have is basically a mobility hd 4550. Userbenchmark.com has it as comparable to an Intel hd2000.

Should I try selecting all the tick boxes in the trade performance for quality section? The default install has the first half of the options selected already.

The default chroma, up scaling, and down scaling options are already as suggested above. (Bicubic and lanczos)

I tried adjusting the 3d lut bit rate option on the trade performance for quality page to the lowest value of 6. I still had stuttering playback.

Is there anyway to divert the load from the gpu to the cpu?my processor is showing max 6%, and that is likely for only one of the 4 cores.

Is my hope of using a 3d lut with this laptop realistic? (Cpu is i5 m450 @ 2.4Ghz, 4Gb ram, Ati 540v gfx)
SithUK is offline   Reply With Quote