View Single Post
Old 25th May 2013, 02:10   #17304  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsooner View Post
Is it necessary that the 3D source contain the ssif files in order for subtitles to output correctly? I have tried to update subtitles both in the final mkv and the pseudo BD created by BDRB and the subtitles never display correctly. They appear on both the right and left side of the screen and are enlarged from what is normally seen. The files muxed in are BD sup files. What am I missing?
Not sure I understand completely what you're asking. Subtitles in SBS 3D have to be repeated in each of the two split windows. When BD-RB processed them it resizes and repositions them during the rebuild. They aren't larger -- when viewing they will be exactly the same size as the originals. You wouldn't be able to mux in other subtitles -- because they haven't been processed and when you attempt 3D playback they will be a mess (spread across the screen as you mentioned).

If you want to add other subtitles, you have to do it before BD-RB processes the source, so they can be properly resized and repositioned for 3D. You don't have to mux them into the SSIF, only the M2TS file(s).

Now, in this discussion I'm talking about a BD source. But you mention a pseudo-BD. Are you trying to add the subtitles to a source that is already split screen from an MKV? If so, I don't think that can be done right now -- but I'll look at it. I already have the code -- I'd just have to find a way to process the SUP (or are these text subtitles?).

Last edited by jdobbs; 25th May 2013 at 02:16.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote