View Single Post
Old 3rd April 2010, 16:59   #7541  |  Link
gerald410

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Ugghh. My bigger concern is that people will start trying this themselves and (as is usually the case) forget to mention their "tweaking" when they tell everybody my program sucks because they're creating coasters. I can see several possible problems, example: You'll note that the settings associated with a preset include some things that are not BD compliant. So when you change it with a tweak -- you may also be making your output FUBAR by overriding some of the essential settings made by BD-RB.

So I repeat to all: If you decide to move away from the standard tools -- do so at your own risk. BD-RB outputs a compliant stream -- please leave it alone. Same for FFDSHOW versions. I don't know how many times I have said that -- but I still get about half of my bug reports from wrong versions because people are obsessed with changing versions for no reason except change itself. If I start running into headaches, the "tweak" hidden option is going to disappear quicker than a prom dress after a beer. I may also add code to make BD-RB refuse to run with untested versions of FFDSHOW and HAALI.
Understood completely any changes that I make and/or mention (at my own peril)are just FYI's certainly not recommendations. Thanks again for the great program!
gerald410 is offline   Reply With Quote