View Single Post
Old 31st August 2016, 08:12   #1609  |  Link
almosely

Thanks for your reply, Lord_Mulder,

I did know all that before ... And I showed you the difference between your latest version (working wrong) and the older version of your launcher (working right) - but I think, you did not read that. And I told you, that I see the correct crf-value in the logfile, but not in the joblist ... And I showed you too, that I know, that a p-frames Quantizer of 17.xx is completely normal for a crf 18.4 encoding, the same as a p-frame Quantizer with a value of 19.xx would be too - but a value about 30.xx is not right at all (with the actual version of your launcher), especially when the value is about 17.xx, when I encode the same video with the same crf-value with the older version of your launcher.

Either your launcher is working wrong or the used x264-version, in case of the listed, insane quantizers (they are avg quantizers, not peaks).

And, I liked it more, as the crf-value was not rounded. I often encode the same video (5% compression-test) a few times, to find out the crf value I want. A quick look into the joblist, with the correct crf value instead of a rounded one, was a lot more convenient for me.

So, I am still using the "outdated" april-version of your launcher and will not update again, till this is fixed.

Last edited by almosely; 31st August 2016 at 08:19.
almosely is offline   Reply With Quote