View Single Post
Old 13th January 2012, 23:08   #1949  |  Link
Sparktank
47.952fps@71.928Hz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
@Sparktank

please elaborate a little bit more your request

I remember using an old, dated program, AutoGK.
It had a function in the hidden options to change the bitrate for the end credits to allow the rest of the video to have a little bit more bit allocation.

Basically, tell the program to encode a certain section at a lower bitrate.
For example, if the end credits start at 1:26:21 and ends at the end of the file (let's say 1:29:01) and you want to that window of time to be encoded at a CBR of 2mbps, this would allow the rest of the movie to allow more room for bit peaks.

End credits are, normally, white text on black background. Unless they're they're fancy like in Star Trek (2009) or have credits scrolling by on one side and outtakes/bloopers on the opposing side (like most Jackie Chan movies).

Usually I notice that frames with large sections of text require more bit allocation. (While watching the movie on Cyberlink's PowerDVD and on-screen "Information" enabled, it shows the bitrate fluctuating as the movie plays; or even playing a movie back with FFDshow set as the default decoder and OSD enabled with bitrate showing).

If we make the entire end credits (based on start time and end time of the credits) a CBR, or even lower it to an average bit rate, this would help a little bit for movies that are closer or beyond 2 hours.

Cinema Craft Encoder has similar bit rate allocation as AutoGK, but more advanced, of course.

I hope that helps a little more.

I can look up some documentation on "bit rare allocation" if that helps.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @3.4GHz (6c/12th, I'm on AVX2 now!)
Sparktank is offline   Reply With Quote