View Single Post
Old 25th September 2018, 21:31   #46  |  Link
zorr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrsloik View Post
1. Use vspipe if all you need is to calculate a frame statistic
Ok, I'll take a look at vspipe. Is there a simple vapoursynth script example I could use to test it with?

Quote:
2. vspipe has --arg key=value which can set variables inside the script
That sounds much more elegant than the way it's done with Avisynth. But I forgot to mention that usually you also need to define dependencies between variables (for example this value cannot be larger than that other value). Those definitions would still have to be inside the script. In Avisynth the definitions are inside comment blocks on the same line as the variable.

Quote:
3. per frame or for the whole thing? not sure what you need here
Per frame is not necessary, just a nice feature (the per frame values are summed by the optimizer). But you can do the summing easily in the script and output a single final result. Most common operation is to calculate a SSIM similarity metric and/or the frame's runtime for each frame and sum those.

Quote:
4. depends on the answer in 3, I plan to add the possibility to dump all frame properties as json in a future vspipe release
It doesn't need to happen within vspipe, the script could write the file. At least that's how it works with Avisynth.
zorr is offline   Reply With Quote