View Single Post
Old 9th January 2006, 14:15   #1099  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
When i reset the accidently changed control, i still have 3 controls which could have been previously set to certain values that are now definately not at those values anymore.
That's not correct. Say you check turbo in 2 pass first pass. Then the ME, subq and nb reference settings become deactivated (if they do not, they should). In the commandline, subq goes to whatever is preset for turbo, me mode goes to dia and nb references goes to 1 (I think.. I don't have the code before me right now). The now disabled controls still show what you previously selected, so for instance subq6, me hex and 5 references. Now if you uncheck turbo again, those three controls become active again, the commandline shows -subq 6, -ref 5 as it should. So you have lost nothing at all.
And that's even preserved if you close the window. Since subq is still set to 6, and ref set to 5, and me to hex, once you close, then reopen, first the controls are all set to the values stored in x264Settings, then the final method call of the load method is "adjustSettings" or whatever the method is called that does this currently, and since turbo is set, the subq, me and nb_references controls are disabled, and the commandline once again contains -subq 1, -me dia and -ref 1. Come to think of it I've seen plenty of programs that behave the same way, and I, too, first didn't trust them to not make use of disabled but checked options.. but since we do have the commandline preview in MeGUI, that's not so much of a risk. the user clearly can see that a certain option is no longer contained in the commandline.

Perhaps it wasn't correct of my to equate disabled with not used, it can be used but set to a different setting that we control, as the example above shows.