View Single Post
Old 28th November 2018, 23:04   #53771  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjock View Post
I have been working away for a bit, and have lost track of what is happening with madVR in the AVS forum, it just seems to be confusing graphs and the likes for a long time.

It looks like madshi has dropped out of the conversation as such, is this getting there, as I said all rather confusing on what is happening apart from everyone measuring their movies for NIT settings and fancy apps to display that info ?
I think madshi is buttoning up a new release right now so things have slowed down in the AVS thread. As mentioned, we'll probably see it in the next couple weeks hopefully.

Those graphs/tools are being used by the guys/gals looking to do profiles for the HDR content to try to get better dynamic out of their displays. A lot of them are using displays with very low nits (projectors some with 50 nits max) so they're trying to find ways to squeeze out every last bit of detail they can. All of that is just people waiting on the next step in the HDR tonemapping progression while madshi pushes out a new official build. It's making them happy, but, you can safely ignore it for now as when madshi is at a "final solution" none of that should be necessary.