View Single Post
Old 4th April 2020, 22:36   #14  |  Link
Katie Boundary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
My understanding is that DS9 has telecined 24p and interlaced video mixed together in frames (where VFX is used). I don't know how you can fix that correctly unless you use masks & treat each portion separately which would be totally impractical because the mask would have to change on a per frame basis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
Yes, but it's a mess. You can be in the middle of a telecined 24p sequence when all of a sudden some VFX work (which is i60) is composited into the scene for a few seconds. How do you handle that? Engage QTGMC for a few seconds, then turn it back off?
I solved that problem years ago:

Code:
mpeg2source("212.d2v")

Y=nnedi3(field=-2)

A=yadifmod2(mode=1,edeint=Y).selecteven()
B=yadifmod2(mode=1,edeint=Y).selectodd()
C=Tfm(field=1,mode=0,cthresh=2,mthresh=2,clip2=A,micmatching=0)
D=Tfm(field=0,mode=0,cthresh=2,mthresh=2,clip2=B,micmatching=0)
Interleave(C,D)
Tweak other parameters to taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurusX View Post
I applaud the person trying to tackle this project, but I fear he doesn't know enough to actually accomplish his goal. He talks about Handbrake and QTGMC at the same time, which makes me think he's just flopping about
He admitted to being an AVIsynth noob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurusX View Post
Unfortunately, we hobbyists don't have that option. So, the TNG 60i effects were redone to 23.976p. Our best option is then to deinterlace the 60i areas and choose specific frames, or more precisely, let TFM do it for us.
Or just bob to p60 and leave it at that.