View Single Post
Old 16th January 2017, 17:31   #42078  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by makakam View Post
Guys, I'm having problems with getting HDR to work.
I have an HDR capable TV (Panasonic dx780) and I have set madVR to passthrough HDR to my display but the colors are washed out and HDR mode isn't triggered.
I'm using HDR demos and they work when played through USB. What am I doing wrong?
READ the page you set madVr to "passthrough" HDR.

this question come about every 2 weeks and everything you need to know is written on the setting page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmojo666 View Post
thank you for the answer, but i don't understand what you are suggesting, i've wrote that I've already tested with gray bars if my tv is supporting 10bit, and they are correctly displayed in exclusive 10bit mode . the problem comes when i try to play any 8bit video (also the very old calibration video you liked above) in eclusive 10bit mode , i get over-saturated colors. If i switch to windowed 8bit mode colors became ok. Also seems that color&gamma proprieties are not applied by madvr, so recalibrate for 10 bit output is impossible. Could it be a issue of Amd Apu gpu driver ? or am i missing something else. Thank you for any help

the major difference between 8 bit and 10 bit madVR output is that the high bit deep data is dithered to 10 not 8 bit the rest is the same.
so the same gamma settings are applied same scaler same everything.
so what do you understand under "over-saturated colors".

AMD high bit deep output works totally fine and madVR isn't doing something special either. so this leave you with your TV. so what TV is that and be aware that nearly every TV out there even the HDR ones are 8 bit.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote