View Single Post
Old 15th April 2017, 12:51   #43351  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
1) Do you like the new "NGU Standard" and "NGU Soft" variants? Personally, I like "NGU Standard" a lot. But I think "NGU Soft" is too soft to be useful, and I'd like to remove it again. But since I spent a lot of time creating it, I thought I'd let you test it, at least.

2) Does "NGU Standard" work better for (non-aliased) low quality content now? Or do we still have to use NGU AA for that? Ideally I hope that we can now use "NGU Sharp" for high quality soures, "NGU Standard" for low quality (but aliasing free) sources, and "NGU AntiAlias" only for aliased sources. Is that reasonable? Or is "NGU AA" still the best option for any low quality sources, aliasing free or not?
Hard to tell coz NGU AA can't do direct quad, would that be complicated to implement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
4) With all the changes in this build, I feel that "double twice" is no longer needed. "direct quadrupling" should now always be identical or superior in quality and much faster. So I would like to remove "double twice". Any objections?
I think you got a point, but I'd love to see quad NGU AA before answering all your inquiries if any possible please.

It's really too bad you removed SR AB especially when NGU bloats quite a lot in combination with SR, I currently exclusively use SSIM downscaling(1D for HD, 2D for SD as I got GPU cycles to spare) and use SSIM's AB with great results

For 720p@1080p, NGU Sharp wins by a long shot IME.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote