View Single Post
Old 25th January 2014, 13:03   #21765  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelH8 View Post
Nvidia user here. Let me start by saying that I do NOT have any black screen issues when using the OpenCL error diffusion instead of random dithering. Instead, I get swapped red and blue channels.
This happens on two systems I've tried the new main 0.87 build on.
The primary system has a GTX 560 Ti w/driver 306.97
The second system has a GTX 460 w/driver 310.90
Both are running Windows 7 64-bit with MPC-HC 1.7.1.220, LAV filters 0.59.1 and XySubFilter 3.1.0.546.

The swapped colors are easy to correct, as I simply use the ffdshow raw video filter's built-in avisynth module and add the line: "SwapUV" and voila, problem solved.
This was even easier since I was already using the ffdshow raw avisynth filter to decimate 29.97 fps video to 23.976 fps on-the-fly to eliminate that annoying judder on some old videos.

On average, toggling OpenCL error diffusion adds 10% GPU load to whatever the base load is. Though for me that's not an issue as the GTX 460 never reaches even 50% load with all the trade-quality-for-performance options disabled.

Never tried any of the NNEDI3 stuff as I see no need. Same with smooth motion conversion. That said, I really like the new deband filters. They work well.
Now this is weird. Why is it working for you - and for me, too. But not for everyone else? I'm quite confused. BTW, I've already fixed the swapped color channels in the latest test build...
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote