View Single Post
Old 21st September 2015, 19:52   #4787  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
"Load defaults" for me is another word for "reset [current preset]". It was strange that it switched before to the scratchpad one and has reset there everything to default. I think only x264 has currently in the specific settings a "reset" button - which likely should be removed now.
Loading the defaults in scratchpad makes sense to me as if you have a saved encoder preset and load the defaults, the new settings are no longer those of the selected preset. Not that it matters.... either way it's not hard to work out how it works.

I've often longed for a "scratchpad" button next to "ok" and "cancel". That way you could change a preset and hit the "scratchpad" button to load the new settings in scratchpad while closing the encoder configuration, without MeGUI having to offer a dialogue box asking you what you want to do.

All the video/audio encoders have a "load defaults" button, if that's what you mean by a "reset" button. As do the OneClick and AVS profiles etc. I definitely wouldn't remove them. They're kind of like a sanity check button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Btw... in MeGUI the words profile and presets are several times mixed up. I am not sure myself where the difference should be (profile e.g. = x264, preset = x264 specific profile configuration?) so maybe it makes sense to rename everything - to profile?
That's probably a good idea. Off the top of my head though everything has profiles, except the encoders which have presets, so it's kind of logical, but I don't know why they all couldn't be called one or the other.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote