View Single Post
Old 12th March 2020, 23:36   #1493  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
Thanks a million. But your issue was closed by one of the mpv maintainers, wm4.

Well, it looks obvious that mpv developers are not interested in making mpv play avs/vs files correctly.
I think he is the lead dev and from the same country as me but likely uses Linux as primary OS like most mpv devs so it's understandable that he has little interest in this issue. There are some Windows devs for instance Rossy, maybe I can fix it if nobody else does.

Quote:
So for this reason plus others, I'd like to ask you if you could add an option in StaxRip to change the default player (source or target right-click > play) to some other players or add PotPlayer in the Apps menu.
I've only limited amount of respect for mpc and hardly any for potplayer as it's not open source but uses open source code and adware. So far I think staxrip passes time position, aspect ratio, subtitles and audio tracks via command line to mpv and next builds will also pass color info, almost nothing of this can be achieved with any other player, they hardly ever helped me with anything, they can't even play my files, only mpv can play my 4K 50 fps HDR files with my low end GT 1030card.

https://mpv.io/manual/master/#video-...colormatrix%3E

Last edited by stax76; 12th March 2020 at 23:40.