View Single Post
Old 12th May 2019, 21:37   #56232  |  Link
chros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni View Post
Yes it's coming. I'll wait for Intel though.
Forget about Intel go for AMD this time (and as mclingo use to say, I'm not a fanboy ), they have the better bang for money today, and they will have the better product tomorrow.
The market started to shift a year ago, hopefully Intel's mindshare will be finally completely shattered in the next couple of months, and noone - I mean literally noone - will buy Intel for couple of years as a punishment for what they did to the PC market in the last decade due to lack of competition.
I looked around half a year ago when I put together my current rig and I was shocked that they still wanted to sell 4C4T cpus for loads of money. And I have mates who still bought that overpriced crap because they thought: if cpu then Intel.
What Intel did was stealing and they only could do that because customers allowed them to do it and they will continue this habit unless...
The following companies already voted for AMD: Sony with PS5, Google, datacenters, etc. This will be a completely different game this time.
Don't get me wrong: every corporation is the same in the long run, but today...

On the VGA front the situation is a bit different: AMD doesn't care about PC gaming for now and there are rumours that the upcoming Navi won't be the savour either.
Maybe Intel will step up in this market - and no, not for us users - and bring down the insane prices of nVidia.
We will be smarter after Computex.

(And no, I don't want to upgrade my PC - that is not just an HTPC - in the next 5-8 years , maybe buying 2-4 years old power efficient nVidia GPUs strictly from the used market)

Last edited by chros; 12th May 2019 at 21:56.
chros is offline   Reply With Quote