Thread: VirtualDub2
View Single Post
Old 21st March 2018, 21:07   #495  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekh View Post
Hi, I am not sure about HDR capture specifics. There is selection for 10 bit and 16 bit input formats (confirmed to work with Magewell and some Decklink drivers). Is this what are you looking for?
Possible formats are v210, P210, P216, P010, P016, v410, Y410, Y416, r210, R10k.
If you need to capture any HDR metadata, this is absent.
Yes I would need the metadata(Atlease I think I do, not 100% sure). I know shortly Magewell will be releasing there new SDK that has fully HDR support. Maybe that can be added in?

I don't know how the programming works with SDK or how VDub 2 is programmed in general.

I found this from Magewell Maybe you can make sense of it.

"If you have the ability or the experience on how to preview the HDR signal,you do not need to wait for our SDK.
In our SDK,you will know how to capture the HDR singal ,and we will provide a filter to present the recorded video.

We will provide the HDR preview filter,render,and a series of examples in our SDK. We just provide a way to show/record the HDR video.How to integrate HDR fuction into the third-party software is your job.You just provide the filter and render on Microsoft Directshow based software,such as GraphEdit."

^an EDID file must be uploaded to the card first, Which is the easy task. It figuring out how to capture the HDR signal which has been confusing.
Revan654 is offline   Reply With Quote