View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2017, 08:01   #890  |  Link
Thalyn

Not sure if you consider this to be an issue or not, but I discovered why I haven't been able to use FRIMSource properly since March of last year.

To quickly recap, I'd been having issues with software decoding simply stating that it "Cannot initialize Intel Media SDK session." This would be all the log would show, both for FRIMSource and for the program I was using (MeGUI, VirtualDub, etc). Hardware decoding would work, but I've since switched to a Ryzen so that isn't exactly an option anymore.

Curiosity (or some kind of dementia) got me, however, and I copied "libmfxsw32.dll" across to the path where the AVS script was, in addition to where I keep FRIMSource. Fired up the same script again and it seemed quite happy. Hopefully happy enough that this encode won't turn green part way (hence trying to get FRIMSource working again), but I won't know that for another 2 hours.

So, it would seem that it's looking for the Intel DLL in the same path as the script, rather than where the plugin is located. But it may only be doing that in software mode (or may only require that DLL for software decoding).
Thalyn is offline   Reply With Quote