View Single Post
Old 14th June 2018, 10:37   #6261  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
I tried to reproduce that but failed. Could you please describe in more detail how do you get it to crash?
Well, the scripts I use often have a long (a couple of seconds) scan where auto border cropping & auto contrast scanning is done (scans about 40 frames from clip, evenly spread thoughout clip duration, and then the crop/contrast is set.
MeGUI does its own multiple scans of the script during both load and then again when clicking on AutoEncode. So for each of the MeGUI scans, the script does its own scan (occurs at script start up), so MeGUI may be busy for about 10 seconds after script load, and it is during this time that the preview window pops up.
There seems to have been some recent (within about 2 or 3 months) mod to MeGUI source that displays the preview window before the MeGUI multiple scans of script starts, and as the batcher clicks the ALT\F4 close button as soon as the preview window pops up, so when MeGUI blits the graphic to the window, it has already been closed, Bang, Crash Wallop.

Before the problem arose, the window would only show up after MeGUI multiple scans had completed, and so the batcher would not close the window, because it was not there.

That is how it seems to me.

EDIT: Above is not an XP issue, it will occur on any OS (if a batcher is used, or the user is super quick at closing the window, I have not as yet managed to be quick enough to click it manually fast enough to crash it).

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 14th June 2018 at 10:41.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote