View Single Post
Old 31st October 2008, 06:05   #1  |  Link
pmw1104

Demultiplexing audio streams from a BluRay dump

Hi, all. I run Linux. Thanks to this forum I was able to extract beautiful MPEG-TS files from a BluRay disc to my hard drive. I can even play it with mplayer, and the video works wonderfully. The problem is the audio: for some (most?) discs, I cannot activate the plain English audio track.

In the case of "You Don't Mess with the Zohan" I can play either an Asian language or English underneath director's commentary. In the case of "Standard Operating Procedure" I cannot switch away from the director's commentary. Of course both discs must have plain English encoded somewhere... I just need to figure out how to get to it.

I'm using the absolutely latest build of mplayer (dev-SVN-r27867-4.1.2) and I tried both the mpeg2ts demultiplexer (which is the default) and lavf. mpeg2ts plays video fine and even discovers multiple audio tracks, but when I pass their IDs as "-aid #", none of them are plain English. lavf has worse results: it doesn't even begin playing anything. Instead, mplayer segfaults with syncing errors.

The problem must be a combination of my software and the way the BluRay disc was authored, since if I play "IMAX Space Station", the default language is non-English, but I can easily get mplayer to switch to the English track using the '#' key. So it must be that these other two BDs are encoded differently.

Are there some other mplayer options I can try, or can you recommend other software I can try?
pmw1104 is offline   Reply With Quote