View Single Post
Old 31st May 2019, 02:20   #28526  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowpro View Post
And on an unrelated note, the item navigation with respects to the PREV and NEXT buttons is sort of backwards if you ask me. When moving down from the last title displayed the PREV button is highlighted. When moving up from the first title displayed the NEXT button is highlighted. Shouldn't that be the other way around? Also, if a menu only consists of 2 pages it would be nice to have a setting where we could choose whether or not to include the PREV button, i.e. "MENU_PREV=n n=0/1 - 0=Off (PREV button not included), 1=On (default, PREV button included)". Just a thought.
Actually, when there are only two menus, there is only one logical choice for the PREV/NEXT. For page one, the only choice (going up or down) should be NEXT, as page 2 is the next menu. If you are on page two, the only logical choice is PREV, as page one is the only choice and it is the previous menu. Only the single choice, not multiple.

For multiple page menus, going up the list, i.e., to a lower number, should result in PREV being the default choice, and if going down the list, to a higher number should result in NEXT being the default choice.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote