View Single Post
Old 1st August 2021, 17:15   #7  |  Link
Lowpro

Turning subtitle and audio tracks on or off by default using BDedit.

When authoring a movie or TV series to Blu-ray I'll from time to time need to set a given subtitle track and/or audio track to be turned on or off by default. I do this using BDedit. The below example is a movie only copy of Apocalypto where no subtitle track is turned on by default. The first subtitle track in this case contains forced subtitles only. I want the forced subtitle track to be turned on by default. I additionally want the 1st audio track to be turned on by default. In a hardware based Blu-ray player the first audio track would play by default. When playing the BDMV folder in PowerDVD however, the 3rd audio track is played by default. Setting the 1st audio track to be turned on by default covers both uses cases. See below per the required steps to follow using BDedit.

Step 1: Browse to the BDMV folder in question.

Step 2: On the lower right side click the "+" button inserting a new line.

Step 3: Select "Set", "SetSystem", "SetStream", "Imm" and "Imm" from the drop-downs as pictured below.

Step 4: Saving your work at this point would ensure no subtitles are selected by default.

Step 5A: To turn the 1st subtitle track on by default enter "0000C001" in the 2nd Hex field, then click out of that field into an adjacent field. (0000C002=2nd subtitle track, 0000C003=3rd Subtitle Track and so forth.)

Step 5B: To turn the 1st audio track on by default instead enter "80010000" in the 2nd Hex field, then click out of that field into an adjacent field. (80020000=2nd audio track, 80030000=3rd audio track and so forth.)

Step 5C: To turn the 1st audio track and 1st subtitle track on by default enter "8001C001" in the 2nd Hex field, then click out of that field into an adjacent field.

When you're ready to save your changes click the "Save" button in the lower left corner. This will update your "index.bdmv" and "MovieObject.bdmv" files in the root of your "BDMV" folder. Your original files are backed up in the same location and named "index.bdmv.backup" and "MovieObject.bdmv.backup". Your original "index.bdmv" and "MovieObject.bdmv" files located in your "BDMV\BACKUP" folder remain untouched. (See the next post for an example where multiple titles are involved.)

Last edited by Lowpro; 22nd January 2022 at 09:01.
Lowpro is offline   Reply With Quote