View Single Post
Old 10th June 2020, 21:06   #29439  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorM View Post
@AmigaFuture - If your source recordings are mpeg2, you might want to try running mpeg2repair on them first.

A question: Is "Quicker Encode for Extras" supposed to still work even if "force_noencode" is set to 1? Someone gave that advice once as a way to leave the movie untouched and encode the extras to fit the remaining space. It doesn't work for me. All video is left un-re-encoded. (I did make sure not to use x264's LAVF because that can't 1-pass.)
Comcast is transmitting MPEG-4 for HD channels. I have Quick-Encode for Extras enabled almost constantly. Functions very well with BD backups. Imported MKV's from that source aren't being reencoded. I'm now noticing, ahhhh...been a while attempting to "debug" this. That if I rencode some 59.94 files to 29.97 then..imports are great. So, there seems to be a problem that gets by (VideoReDo) TVSuite AND BD-RB (tsMuxer).
Which then also means some movies might not be rendered correctly, or mastering errors (?). I gave JD 2 files a while back, but I know he's been active with other stuff.
HandBreak is a nice replacement for now for encoding then since if I change the Framerate ONLY (to 29.97), and disable all Deinterlacing then it looks really good and plays smooth..and Imports sweetly. I just prefer JD's method because I'm not into all the math for getting MB output size right.

Appreciate the reply.

"x264's LAVF because that can't 1-pass." - It should, or DirectShow. I use these..often. Hmm..