View Single Post
Old 18th July 2014, 18:17   #10  |  Link
nasair

Nice

Tagspaces is very interesting. Thank you for suggesting it. I like all of the cross platform support. I also like that it is open source.
The add-ons for Firefox and Chrome don't work well in Linux but I used their Ubuntu based Linux install in Mint without a problem.
Only note I would make to anyone that tries the program is make sure to set your Tag Delimiter and Prefix for the tag container before adding any tags (under Experimental Options). If you set it after sometimes it won't update files names if you had a perivious setting for those.
I like it a lot...I'm just thinking about how many tags I might actually use for some files because of character limits.
Although NTFS or FAT32 file systems can support filenames up to 255 characters (Linux can do more and I believe more recent Windows can as well, i.e. Windows Vista and up) but some programs or clients can have probelms with character length. I know 255 might seem like a lot but that includes the directory/path. I have run into a problem with some of my MP3's filename legnth (mostly audio books) being an issue when trying to copy them to a Windows drive. What happens is I have to put it on C and then later I can move it to the correct directory.
I think for now I'm going to give this a longer test to see if it will fit my needs. Thank you jfcarbel for the suggestion.
nasair is offline   Reply With Quote