Thread: VirtualDub2
View Single Post
Old 2nd October 2018, 03:08   #655  |  Link
imhh11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorBry View Post
Dumb question (maybe)...but what was the reported colorspace of the Cineform and MagicYUV captures? You didn't include that portion of information from the MediaInfo report. And your file uploaded didn't include samples of the original captures.

My (maybe dumb) point being, even if decklink does output Rec2020, surely the10-bit 422 Cineform and MagicYUV captures are assuming and encoding as Rec709 ?
that was all the information from the MediaInfo, there is nothing more. But when I play the file madvr is saying/guessing bt709, perhaps because the flag is not there. magicyuv is reporting rec709 as well.

Capturing uncompressed in Mediaexpress gave the same result.

if I make an mkv with the avi file, mediainfo report more but still nothing on bt709 /bt2020

Video
ID : 1
Format : V_MS/VFW/FOURCC / M0Y2
Codec ID : V_MS/VFW/FOURCC / M0Y2
Duration : 1 s 710 ms
Bit rate : 398 Mb/s
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (23976/1000) FPS
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 2.002
Stream size : 81.2 MiB (100%)
Default : Yes
Forced : No

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
Did you check x265 with lower crf or lossless ?

Because I suspect lack of Rec.2020 support won't cause those types of issues you're referring to . It looks more like a chroma subsampling or lossy CbCr (high quantization) issue in the screenshots (but that could just as easy be from x265). Take a look at the Cb or Cr plane (granted, I'm looking at an 8bit PNG, but you can see right away the problems) , you will see general blurriness and encoding artifacts . Small color details like those small flowers will be blurred away

eg.
#Your PNG
ConvertToYV24()
UtoY # or VtoY

So check lower crf or lossless x265 first, if problem still there go back 1 more step and look at direct capture (e.g magicyuv)
the encode were CRF17 slow. but thats a good idea, i'll try lossless. thanks

when i encoded the source with the same setting CRF17 slow.. the colors stay perfect

Last edited by imhh11; 2nd October 2018 at 03:13.
imhh11 is offline   Reply With Quote