View Single Post
Old 25th January 2019, 01:02   #54447  |  Link
Alexkral

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
so go to the NCP and change the power setting to adaptive or maximum performance and try again.
Thanks huhn, I think this helped a bit but didn't fixed it. Anyway I think I found the problem. I noticed that this only happened with SVP and very high bitrate videos (and with VR), so I downloaded a high bitrate 4k 60fps video and got framedrops with both CUVID an DXVA2. Then I blocked ffdshow raw and this fixed it for both modes. So the problem is to have ffdshow raw in the chain, but obviously it's needed for SVP. Also I noticed that you can select D3D11 but it doesn't work on Windows 7, I'll have to check what I'm missing.

@nevcairiel

Yes, I discovered this recently, but anyway I'm currently not using madVR's HDR to SDR because SVP drops the needed metadata. I managed to find some alternatives however, still using both SVP and madVR, but without dynamic tonemapping (though I have some ideas also for this). I wouldn't say that normal tonemapping is much worse than dynamic, not so long ago it was the only thing available and everybody was more than happy with it. Anyway I'm not very sure how madVR is doing dynamic tonemapping with BT.2390, because only changing Mastering display white level gives me different results, and I don't see other configurable parameters for this.
Alexkral is offline   Reply With Quote