View Single Post
Old 10th March 2011, 11:12   #6989  |  Link
Ghitulescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cela View Post
I too cannot see any alternative to multiAVCHD out there. Certainly not in the price range or NeroVision, PowerDirector, Premiere Elements, Magix Video deluxe, etc. None of these accepts an equal variety of input media, none offers the variety of output options, allows user control to specific output file formats, bit rate settings, etc, offers comparable chapters, stream replacement, menu features, etc. Though some advertise their Smart Render abilities, in all my tests, each one of them insisted in heavy re-encoding of the same unchanged footage, even for small menu changes - instances where multiAVCHD never would re-encode! And I could not observe any real progress concerning the superfluous re-encoding orgy for years! So, there is NO adequate alternative, neither ready for use nor in sight!
Also in your quoted paragraph, there's one single issue: MKV.

I'm afraid all of you simply forget that MKV is not supported by the industry, and therefore there's not a single legal source for it. Supporting MKV input means for the software company an indirect support for stealing content and may be sued for this. So one cannot really compare the two things. Not that I have something against MultiAVCHD, au contraire! but I want to clear some "misunderstandings".