Thread: Diving video
View Single Post
Old 14th June 2018, 21:01   #81  |  Link
WorBry

Yes, that hits a nice balance. I got a bit preoccupied trying to get a browner tone to the coloration on the shell, but at that depth it's probably more how you've got it...you were there after all. I could swing it more to that tone, and had it there at one point in my tweakings, but agree, I think we're done with "toupe turtle".

Would you mind uploading the Vdub project for that one also - I'd like to see how you got there - presumably all color balancing done with the '6-axis corrector' ?

I am looking at the other clips btw and will post some results when I'm happy with them, again with a view to replicating whatever I can come up with in Resolve using VDub and hopefully AVISynth, ideally avoiding the need for qualifier masks and the like.

@Tormento, if you are still looking in, hope you are trying some of these techniques. I could post the channel mixes I used, but really there's no substitute for getting in there and pushing the colors around. As one Colorist famously said "I just bang the knobs until it doesn't suck anymore".

Edit: btw Shekh, would I be right in concluding that the Trigger Fish in the two clips have different colorations. The one in GOPR0304 definitely matches with a 'Titan' Trigger Fish':

https://previews.123rf.com/images/vi...in-red-sea.jpg

On the other fish (in G0PR1596) the patch above the mouth appears more yellow, the patch under the mouth looks paler (whitish) and the tail stripe is tan colored, not orange. The matrix pattern on body of the GOPR0304 fish also has a deeper yellowish/green (iridescent) tone to it.

Seems unlikely that it's just the way the light affects the colours and how they appear after correction. Just don't want to beat myself up trying to get them to match when they are different fish.

Last edited by WorBry; 15th June 2018 at 07:47.
WorBry is offline   Reply With Quote