View Single Post
Old 6th June 2018, 14:34   #6221  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
MeGUI as such is more or less "portable" anyway, you just unpack it from a ZIP archive, and you should unpack it anywhere else, just not in the usual "Program Files" directories protected by the UAC. Where does it reside in your system?
I have it on a RAMDisc, F:\, with all my other audio-video programs. When I started learning about encoding it seemed like a good idea to have independent discs for the executable files (F:\), the source files (D:\), and the output files (C:\). Perhaps I was overthinking things .

Quote:
Windows 7 in 64 bit is fine; if you don't use the 64 bit of MeGUI, the general version will use the 32 bit version of AviSynth (log reports "MeGUI: 2859 x86", and SEt's MT version is only available in 32 bit, so it's obvious).
Yes, I've been using SEt's () 32 bit MT version for some years, until trying to figure out AviSynth+.

Quote:
BTW, "Prefetch(7)" is funny, are 7 threads the maximum for your specific script's memory consumption? And yes, Prefetch() is a function specific to AviSynth+ MT.
In the beginning I used Groucho2004's awesome AVSMeter () to test for the best MT configuration, and I found that on my quad-core system SetMTMode(3,7) gave me better results than SetMTMode(3,8). Not that I know why .

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
Open a script with nothing but Version() and see what it says.
It shows: AviSynth 2.60, build:Feb 20 2015 [03:16:45] © 2000-2014 Ben Rudiak-Gould, et al. http://www.avisynth.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
PS Is MeGUI being a bit oddly when encoding sources indexed with Lsmash for anyone else?
For some reason, after one of the recent updates, the info displayed in the job queue takes quite a while to acknowledged an encode has started, even though the window displaying the encoding process is open and it's clearly progressing. The log queue continues to display "waiting" and appears to be frozen, because no jobs can be started until it changes from "waiting" to "processing", and a couple of time MeGUI has frozen completely "waiting" for a job to commence that's already running. It seems to only happen with Lsmash.
I've not experienced any freezing, but perhaps it takes a bit longer to proceed from "waiting" to "processing" lately. It's always taken much longer for LSmash scripts to load-begin processing than FFMS scripts on both my Win 7 64 bit systems, but I prefer it because, for whatever reason, FFMS sometimes "acts up" whereas LSmash doesn't.

Last edited by LouieChuckyMerry; 6th June 2018 at 14:43.
LouieChuckyMerry is offline   Reply With Quote