View Single Post
Old 15th January 2010, 19:23   #1963  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alante View Post
Care to detail, or you just got an idea while looking at stars and now sit on it? No, I'm not wrong - only have 2 x Refresh Rates on my LCD monitor: 60 Hz and 75 Hz, but 75 Hz gives no benefit, even makes things worst by adding more input lag. It's a known fact that most LCD monitors operate at 60 Hz for optimal performance and give no benefit beyond that. And yes, I know they released some models capable of 120 Hz (yet capable is not the correct word - since it can't be compared to the one from CRT's), but unfortunately comes with a 'TN panel' so I doubt your "this is Doom9. Lots of people here and in other forums have that kind of equipment" argument can stand on this part.

Look, I have four selectable options: 60, 100, 110 and 120. Ever heard of PowerStrip BTW?

As said, you don't understand a thing about smoothness and other things. Gives no benefit for what? Optimal perfomance? Do you know how the screen is "refreshed" in LCD vs CRT? Capable monitors? Do you know why we need a refresh rate that is equal or a multiple of the original material FPS? Do you know, or at least have seen, the implications of 60 more images per second in games or the judder free playback of 24, 30 and 60 FPS material when using a true 120Hz monitor? Give me a break.

Seriously, do some research and buy some stuff before you call everything except what you have or consider good useless. We are not genius, but don't think that because you have a crappy 19" monitor with input lag at 75Hz gives you some kind of authority or knowledge to come here and spread all that BS...
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.

Last edited by STaRGaZeR; 15th January 2010 at 19:32.
STaRGaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote