View Single Post
Old 16th January 2010, 15:11   #1976  |  Link
Alante

Quote:
Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
Y

Good job finding a way to attack me instead of the argument. But yes, I can do that because that's only one of my monitors. I know how good PVA and IPS panels look like

So now it's about tearing. Yeah right. I'd lecture you about the experience of playing with constant, vsync'ed 120FPS in a 120Hz monitor vs 60FPS in a 60Hz monitor, but I won't do that because that's completely off-topic and this is a video related forum. Also you'll probably start talking about not related things like input lag, ghosting, etc.
Nice one, if I consider TN panels a crappy choice, that means I'm attacking you... sure... TN panel will always be the among the worst solutions as far as I'm concern.

I rarely play FPS games now, so don't really care... and when I did i had a CRT monitor. For the 3'rd time, I DIDN'T SAY 60 HZ is THE BEST OPTION, what i said is that most LCD Monitors or capable of 60 Hz and force 100 Hz on those LCD's (the once for which 60 Hz is a standard) is just wrong and even stupid (as in - the ones that do that, don't really know what their doing). And advising others, misleading them to do the same and saying this is the way to go (as if most LCD's are capable of 100 Hz and only few or stuck at 60 Hz)... well, I can't agree with that.

I seriously doubt many people from here have a monitor like yours. And it's not cause they can't afford it since is not really expensive, but because it has a TN panel. This being said regarding LCD monitors - not HDTV/Projectors.

Quote:
If you want to play PAL video, which is natively 50Hz, forcing your LCD display to 100Hz (if it supports this refresh rate) is actually not wrong/stupid, but it's right/clever, because playing PAL video with 60Hz results in bad motion judder, while playing PAL video with 100Hz results in smooth motion. So what you're saying is very wrong for PAL video playback.
WHY DO YOU PEOPLE KEEEP REPEATING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN as if MOST LCD's that where made until now have a standard of 100 HZ. MY EXACT QUOTE:

Quote:
I NEVER SAID 60 Hz is the best refresh screen... what i said is that most LCD Monitors or capable of 60 Hz and force 100 Hz on those LCD's (the once for which 60 Hz is a standard) is just wrong and even stupid (as in - the ones that do that, don't really know what their doing). And advising others, misleading them to do the same and saying this is the way to go (as if most LCD's are capable of 100 Hz and only few or stuck at 60 Hz)... well, I can't agree with that.
How many LCD Monitors are there, capable of 100 HZ - 120 HZ???? 4 - most released last year, even in December. If I'd make a pool about owners of LCD monitors, I seriously doubt 90% of doom9 forum will say they own those crappy TN panels based LCD.

My videos (the once encoded correctly) play smooth, don't have any problem there what so ever. I had a bad presumption regarding your video render, presuming it could render old/badly encoded videos with a better pixel fusion, based on the demonstration from the 1'st page, but in practice that personal theory was absent. For TV content, I have a TV and also have a console, don't use my PC for that. Of course, this are personal preferences, since I talk about what I do, can't be objective with my preferences saying that most do the same (also repeated this several times). As for being objective regarding LCD monitors, it's proven fact that most LCD monitor operate at 60 Hz, since LCD monitors weren't launched in 2009, only few with TN panel at 120 Hz where launched then and only few could have those as well (pretty logical).
Alante is offline   Reply With Quote