View Single Post
Old 8th April 2010, 18:03   #5  |  Link
Robert Martens

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate the notes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavino View Post
your function expects the input to be 4:3 DV. How about an option to treat the input as 16:9 (anamorphic) DV?
I thought about this a week or so ago, but worried about how to be sure of the input pixel aspect ratio, since as far as I know one can't retrieve that info from the input clip. Now that I spend a few more brain cells on the subject, I realize I could just make it a function parameter, and trust people to know what their input is. Added to my todo list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavino View Post
BicubicResize does not work as the resizer. This can be fixed by using named arguments in place of positional arguments in the resizer calls ...
I note this in the documentation, but named arguments is such a simple solution I'm kicking myself. Thank you for reminding me, I'll get that done in no time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Bdecided View Post
I haven't run it, but it looks like it's generating interlaced content by generating half-height fields (by simple resizing of the bobbed content) and weaving them.

If so, that's not right at all.
You're correct, that's what I'm doing. I was worried I'd end up doing something wrong with the interlaced outputs, but checking my video post-SimpleSlug with AssumeBFF().SeparateFields() (AssumeTFF() for the 1080i outputs) showed no back-and-forth jumping that you usually get with field order problems, and I thought I was in the clear.

Am I to understand it's incorrect even if it seems to be working? I would hardly be surprised, considering how happy I was with myself (that usually means I've done something screwy), and it should prove a fairly simple update in any event.

Last edited by Robert Martens; 8th April 2010 at 20:33.
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote