View Single Post
Old 4th January 2018, 08:17   #12  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by qyot27 View Post
Good to hear that it's working, though.
After a long testing session I have to report that this new version indeed works nicely, but only under WinXP. Under Win7-64bit it causes problems...

This seems weird, normally it works the other way around, so I was sceptical and tested it on 3 different machines. My ancient desktop PC running WinXP and two newer machines with Intel Core i5 CPUs running under Win7-64bit.

I used AVStoDVD for testing. This software comes with ffms2_r1140+101-avs+vsp.7z from Oct 2016. Replacing ffms2 with this new build causes no problems under WinXP. But on the two Win7 machines the encoders (HCenc and FFmpeg) as well as Wavi crash after they have finished their work. The terrible Windows popup telling the user that the software has stopped working because of some problem. And the software needs to be closed down. No further explanation.

I tried some workarounds like adding the folder from where ffms2 is loaded by AVStoDVD to the environment path variable. I also disabled DEP completely, but nothing helped. I ended up going back to the old ffms2 version from Oct 2016.

Any ideas what is happening here?

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote