View Single Post
Old 5th April 2009, 21:08   #8  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

Quote:
I am using "Reference Frames" = 9 and "B-Frames" = 8. (Plus "Mixed References," "Direct Prediction" = Automatic, "Weighted B-Frames," M.E.M.=umh, "Motion Estimation Range" = 64 (the max), "Subpixel Motion Estimation" = 9 (the max), "Analysis" = All, "8x8 DCT," "Trellis"=2, "No Fast-P-Skip," "No DCT-Decimate," and "CABAC Entropy Coding."
You don't really need these.

Quote:
I am using "Reference Frames" = 9 and "B-Frames" = 8. (Plus "Mixed References," "Direct Prediction" = Automatic, "Weighted B-Frames," M.E.M.=umh, "Motion Estimation Range" = 64 (the max), "Subpixel Motion Estimation" = 9 (the max), "Analysis" = All, "8x8 DCT," "Trellis"=2, "No Fast-P-Skip," "No DCT-Decimate," and "CABAC Entropy Coding."
This is way to high. Leave it at default for your Simpson DVD's. The only reason I ever increase that is if I am working with HD material, which you are clearly not.

Quote:
You may not need this so high. What b-adapt are you using?

If I may ask, what are you using to encode? MeGUI comes with a plethora of built-in profiles that can tackle anything you throw at it. Each of these profiles were made by our very own Sharktooth, and have been tested repeatedly for errors.