View Single Post
Old 13th December 2016, 17:43   #25321  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
Which is normally preferred? PAT/PMT or Detected? (for now, I've set it for Use PAT/PMT)
It's an option because it is possible that the PAT/PMT could be wrong, and it is possible that the detected type could be wrong. I have seen both. If I had to, I would say that it's less likely that the PAT/PMT would be wrong, so if you must set a default behavior, then PAT/PMT may be preferable. Just remember if you run into audio problems for a specific stream to try it the other way.

In your case, the detected type was likely wrong. It is a heuristic detection that can be spoofed by header emulation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Well I'll be damned. I'm glad you mentioned this. When I installed Windows 10 I read the information that DGDecNV wouldn't work with older cards (and mine is pretty old) -- and I just shrugged my shoulders and stopped using it. When I was opening DGIndexNV responding your your bug report, I tried an index a file for the hell of it. It told me the key was not valid. "Huh?" I thought. So I downloaded another key from Neuron2's site. Well... it started working again. All this time I though it was my card -- when that happened was that Windows 10 changed my machine ID.
Actually, it was the case that Windows could change the machine ID only for earlier releases of DGDecNV. For recent versions, it is only the motherboard serial number that controls things. Perhaps you upgraded from an earlier version and ran into the new licensing mechanism.

What card do you have? We can't rule out that nVidia has improved the Win10 support for older cards in recent driver releases.

Quote:
I've always preferred DGDecNV!
Me too.

Last edited by videoh; 13th December 2016 at 17:53.
videoh is offline   Reply With Quote