View Single Post
Old 17th March 2010, 12:52   #7308  |  Link
chompy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotty View Post
Hi

I have had a look with bdinfo but going through all the mpls files and looking at the m2ts structures I cannot see where the relevent extra subtitles are.

Do you know which mpls/m2ts file(s) it is for "The Mummy", that info will give me an example of what to look for.

BTW how do I use txtST, if I try to run it, it just opens a DOS window for a second then closes.

Thanks
In my copy of "The Mummy" the additional subtitles are in the m2ts following the movie m2ts:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chompy View Post
The "problem" is that subtitles from #33 to #68 are in separate streams: the first 32 subtitles are in main movie stream (00000.mt2s), but subtitle #33 is in 00001.m2ts, subtitle #34 is in 00002.mt2s...
And in order to get the SRT subtitle from the m2ts you just have to drop it to textST.exe:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
textST (CLI) (630KB) self extractable 7z archive (contains calclib.dll and textST.exe), or if you're using multiAVCHD then you can download just the executable textST.exe (80kb) and put it in your multiAVCHD folder.

Drag-drop your .m2ts or .pes file to textST.exe - it will create a .srt file, or if using command prompt:

textST in_file [out_file]

* in_file must be in .m2ts or .pes format, containing only textST text subtitle stream (one per file)
* out_file if not set, output will be written to in_file.srt

It does quite basic parsing, ignoring styles, fonts, positions and other information, extracting only the text and timestamps.
Greetings (sorry jdobbs for the off-topic)

Edit: Ooops, now deank has overtaken me

Last edited by chompy; 17th March 2010 at 12:55.
chompy is offline   Reply With Quote