View Single Post
Old 14th September 2010, 22:01   #9516  |  Link
RB Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I'll see if I can find "Anchorman" and give it a try. Again -- please post your log and INF when posting a bug report. Also -- run INSPECT.EXE. If you ever have sync problems -- there's a high probability a wrong version is in use of one of the helper programs. I've done over a thousand discs (many, many of which are multi-part) and have never had a single out-of-sync result.

I can't help you with your ClownBD problem -- I don't accept bug reports on preprocessed sources.
I've had 3 audio out of sync results. All were ripped using the then current licensed version of AnyDVDHD and done as movie only BD9 at 2 pass highest quality.

The first was Mary and Max which was reported by worknstiff.
http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...postcount=8625

I'm 95% sure the second was "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo".

I also just had the issue on "That Evening Sun".

In all three, the main movie playlist has a short m2ts file that plays before the m2ts containing the movie. BD-RB evidently winds up with a zero length re-encoded audio of this short segment and then adds the re-encoded main movie audio. That results in the main movie audio playing before it should...it starts while the video of the re-encoded video of the first short m2ts file is playing.

In the case of "That Evening Sun", the first m2ts file is the MPAA parental guidance screen and has no audible audio so I was expecting to see the issue before I did the movie.

It would be useful to have the ability to "blank" an m2ts segment in a playlist at least in "movie only" mode where it seems fairly easy to implement. While it would have been useful to work around the audio issue in these three, my main reason for wanting it is to remove annoying header/trailers like the MPAA warning in "That Evening Sun".

BTW, All proper versions of programs installed (Inspect yields all "ok"). Please let me know if you'd like additional information if you decide to look into this issue.

In the first two, I worked around the issue by using Clown_BD to convert just the main movie m2ts into a BluRay structure which I then ran through BD-RB successfully. I lost the chapter marks which was a mild annoyance and realize this approach isn't supported. I would be interested in any methods of editing the playlist to remove m2ts segments from a playlist if anyone is willing to suggest any. I've been dreading running into this issue on a move with dozens of m2ts segments and would like to have something ready to use...

PS Donation sent. I hope you get enough to continue to develop BD-RB.
RB Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote