Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 24th December 2008, 16:50   #1  |  Link
jdobbs

BD Rebuilder Beta - Bug Reports Only

CURRENT VERSION 0.61.29 (July 3rd, 2023)

Ok. I've decided to release BD Rebuilder for beta testing. Before you download it and decide to use it -- remember one thing. This is BETA SOFTWARE. It has bugs. It is NOT ready for production encoding. IMPORTANT NOTE: If you don't like it, don't use it... it is not being posted for opinions or comments, there is plenty of time for that later (after it reaches a level of stability that isn't there now). I am posting it only for testing to see where the majority of the bugs are.

If you decide to download and test -- please post any errors you find in this thread. Don't push bug resolution or keep asking for a fix. I will get to the reported bugs, but only when I can find the time.

Please do not post any non-bug-related messages in this thread. I'd like to reserve it for bug reports only. If you want to start a "I wish" or "let's debate something" discussion, let's put it somewhere else, ok? If posting a bug, please identify your burner and playback device.

IF BD-RB DOESN'T WORK FOR YOU. JUST REPORT IT AS A BUG. Please leave out the "I wasted 16 hours of my time" commentary. If you don't know the risk of testing a beta you shouldn't be downloading this software.

You can download the BD-RB beta from this link: BD-RB v0.61.29.

In order to make this beta version work, you have to first install some other packages. I highly recommend you use ONLY the versions linked below, as sometimes new version changes can cause unexpected issues. Here's what you need to do:

1. Download and install AVISYNTH v2.57 or above -- it is free. If you are a DVD-RB user, it is compatible, so no worry. It is required for BD Rebuilder to work. AVISYNTH v2.60 can be downloaded from this link or from http://www.avisynth.org.

2. While not required it is recommended you perform either one of the following (2A, preferred, or 2B):

2A. Download and install the LAV Directshow Filters. Use only the version linked here -- as other versions may result in out-of-sync audio. While not required for BD-RB to work, LAVFilters will improve functionality and are free. They are required for some functionality associated with HEVC import and processing.

2B. Download and install FFDSHOW and the Haali Matroska Splitter. While they are not required for BD-RB to work, they will improve functionality and are free. After the install, run "Video Decoder Configuration" for FFDSHOW from the "START/Programs" menu, and make sure MPEG2 decoding is enabled. Do the same using "Audio Decoder Configuration" to ensure "Uncompressed" is set to "All Supported".

2C. If you decide to install both 2A and 2B, make sure HAALI/FFDSHOW (2B) is installed first, followed by LAVFilters (2A). This will prevent issues with HEVC splitting.

3. Unzip the BD-RB.zip file. Put it in a directory of its own. I'd recommend putting it somewhere other than "C:\Program Files" until it has been tested more (because of the virtualization that began with Vista).

3.1 If you are running Windows 8 or Windows 10 you may need to run REG_MSCOMCTL.BAT. In the installation folder (you selected in step 3), right-click on the file "REG_MSCOMCTL.BAT" and select "Run as Administrator". You should only have to do this once.

4. It is also highly recommended that you also download and install IMGBURN (see http://www.imgburn.com) on your system. You can actually burn with any software you desire (that supports UDF 2.50), but BD-RB recognizes IMGBURN and does the burn for you with all the proper settings.

5. Read the LICENSE.TXT file found in the BD-RB directory. If you don't agree with the license, don't use it.

6. Please don't post questions or comments on DECRYPTION or ripping methods. I have to assume you know how to do that or you wouldn't be a beta tester. I also make the assumption that you will comply with applicable laws... I don't want to get in the middle of any of that.

7. If you decide to write to dual layer DVDs (BD-9/DVD-9), use ONLY HIGH QUALITY DUAL LAYER DISCS. I have found numerous cases where the same image works flawlessly with a quality (e.g. Verbatim) disc and fails (hangs) on a cheap one.

8. If you installed HAALI/FFDSHOW< Setup VC-1 decoding in the same way you did MPEG-2 in step 2B. For Vista or Windows 7+ using "Video Decoder Configuration" -- select "wmv9". Recommended for Windows XP only (but not required): Download and install WMV11 from Microsoft, and set VC-1 decoding to "disabled" in FFDSHOW (allowing the WMV11 codec to be used instead).

9. Please DO NOT replace the versions of software included in the BD-RB ZIP with other versions (e.g. replacing the 32 bit X264 with a 64 bit version). In doing so you are very likely creating a self-inflicted injury that will not be addressed as a bug.

Note to Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 Users: The first time (and only the first time) you run BD Rebuilder, you may have to "Run As Administrator". This is necessary so BD-RB can make CODEC preference changes in the Windows Registry.

How to use it:

1. Please note: This is NOT A DECRYPTER. It is a BD Reencoder and reauthoring package. If you are planning to back up discs that are encrypted or copy protected using other software (such as AnyDVD) -- that is a decision you are making independently of BD-RB and it is assumed you are staying within the laws applicable to you. BD-RB is meant as a means of backing up copies of discs THAT YOU OWN. It is NOT meant to be used as a means for copyright infringement.

2. Either copy the disc to be backed up to your hard drive or read it from the original. You will find that BD Rebuilder will work faster from a hard drive.

3. Create a working directory somewhere in your file structure. I use a folder called "D:\WORKING".

4. Run BD Rebuilder. Select the source directory (the one containing the BDMV folder). Also select the WORKING directory.

5. Click on "BACKUP". Then find something else to do... because this is going to take some time. My system usually backs up a disc in about 2 hours. You may want to consider running it overnight. Your experience will differ depending upon your computer's CPU and disc speeds. Why does it take so long? Because you are encoding at very high resolutions -- and they require a lot of work. Also, BD-RB hasn't been optimized for speed as yet... but in truth the real speed improvements will have to come with updates to X264 and faster processors.

6. After running you will find a directory in the WORKING directory that has been created. It will be named based upon the source. You must write this directory to a blank disc using UDF 2.50 format. If you have IMGBURN installed on your system, you can burn it from the FILE menu of BD-RB. Alternatively you can select "Auto-burn to Disc" from the SETTINGS/OPTIONS menu (and IMGBURN is installed on your system) and the disc will be burned automatically by BD-RB.

7. How good will it look? My experience is that rebuilding to a dual-layer DVD+R results in a backup that is virtually indistinguishable to the original. DVD-5's will work fine for movie-only encodes... and some full discs. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder and is very subjective. My advice is to try it and see.

I have done quite a bit of testing on this program, but in a fairly pristine environment. My playback tests have all been on my SONY BDP-S301, Sony BDP-S360, and Samsung BD-C5900 standalone units and a 60" Samsung LED television. I burn using IMGBURN on a PIONEER BDR-209D Internal BD Burner (which also supports DVD+-R).

Happy Holidays -- and enjoy!

Last edited by jdobbs; 3rd July 2023 at 18:10.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 19:22   #2  |  Link
Easy123

THX! First BD ist running through. Will give Feedback when itīs finished..
Easy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 19:38   #3  |  Link
DVD Maniac

First try not working, it keeps reporting "Retry attempts failed" for each .m2ts file it tries to process..... Loaded all the codecs so not sure whats wrong here?
DVD Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 19:53   #4  |  Link
Dark Shikari
x264 developer

It seems odd that the only encoding option exposed directly to the user--of all options--is trellis, despite it being one of the rather less important options both quality or speed-wise...

Quote:
x264 - core 65 r1057 5f8a149 - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC codec - Copyleft 2003-2008 - htt
p://www.videolan.org/x264.html - options: cabac=1 ref=1 deblock=1:0:0 analyse=0x
1:0x111 me=hex subme=6 psy_rd=1.0:0.0 mixed_ref=0 me_range=16 chroma_me=1 trelli
s=0 8x8dct=0 cqm=0 deadzone=21,11 chroma_qp_offset=-2 threads=3 nr=0 decimate=1
mbaff=0 bframes=3 b_pyramid=0 b_adapt=1 b_bias=0 direct=1 wpredb=0 keyint=24 key
int_min=1 scenecut=40(pre) rc=crf crf=28.0 qcomp=0.60 qpmin=10 qpmax=51 qpstep=4
vbv_maxrate=17500 vbv_bufsize=14500 ip_ratio=1.40 pb_ratio=1.30 aq=1:1.00
Oh dear... you could at least enable 8x8dct you know... or is this intended to be a first-pass? Also, CRF 28? That's rather low quality... and for a target-filesize encode (e.g. BD-9), shouldn't you be using bitrate mode?

Last edited by Dark Shikari; 24th December 2008 at 20:17.
Dark Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 22:11   #5  |  Link
DVD Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Maniac View Post
First try not working, it keeps reporting "Retry attempts failed" for each .m2ts file it tries to process..... Loaded all the codecs so not sure whats wrong here?
Just to add i'm running the Vista x64 codecs pack which has ffdshow and matroska incliuded. I assume BD rebuilder checks to see if both are present before even running? I couldn't see anything in the config page to point to the right path (as per DVD Rebuilder?)
Old 24th December 2008, 22:17   #6  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs
Please do not post any non-bug-related messages in this thread. I'd like to reserve it for bug reports only. If you want to start a "I wish" or "let's debate something" discussion, let's put it somewhere else, ok? If posting a bug, please identify your burner and playback device.
I guess it was pissing in the wind to post this, eh?
Old 24th December 2008, 22:18   #7  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Just to add i'm running the Vista x64 codecs pack which has ffdshow and matroska incliuded. I assume BD rebuilder checks to see if both are present before even running? I couldn't see anything in the config page to point to the right path (as per DVD Rebuilder?)
Try opening the AVS file with Media Player -- you are probably getting an error in the decode. My guess is that you either don't have the codecs installed or enabled.

Last edited by jdobbs; 24th December 2008 at 22:27.
Old 24th December 2008, 22:19   #8  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shikari View Post
Oh dear... you could at least enable 8x8dct you know... or is this intended to be a first-pass? Also, CRF 28? That's rather low quality... and for a target-filesize encode (e.g. BD-9), shouldn't you be using bitrate mode?
How about we make it work first, and then worry about the settings? That's the incredibly easy part.

The first pass is for speed -- the second pass is for quality. The exception would be if you selected "Quicker encode for extras" -- then a CRF pass is done on the extras. It is the same as saying "don't spend a lot of time on the extras, they aren't that important." If you're seeing a CRF pass -- I would assume you set that option. The CRF is set based upon what it will take to fit on the selected output.

How about trying it once before the criticism, eh? My concern in this beta is to see what works and what doesn't.

Last edited by jdobbs; 24th December 2008 at 22:29.
Old 24th December 2008, 22:23   #9  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
It makes the assumption you have the codecs installed for FFDSHOW and MATROSKA. If you don't -- it will fail (just as I said in the first post of this thread).
Old 24th December 2008, 22:28   #10  |  Link
Dark Shikari
x264 developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
How about trying it once before the criticism, eh?
Criticism? This is what I had to say after trying it once...
Dark Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 22:32   #11  |  Link
vwpassion

Running a full-backup right now, results tomorrow... But one thing i already noticed is that bd-rb gets it wrong most of the time when selecting "movie only backup". Instead of the main movie it selects an extra feature.
vwpassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 22:32   #12  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Criticism? This is what I had to say after trying it once...
Sigh... so you're telling me you've already done a complete BD, right? You've tested it and it was done with CRF, right?

Sorry -- but that is B.S. It can't do a main movie in CRF, as it is disabled. You're making assumptions after running a couple of extras through -- and you're doing that after setting the option to do "Quicker encodes for extras"

That's what I mean by "trying it once."

Last edited by jdobbs; 24th December 2008 at 22:36.
Old 24th December 2008, 22:34   #13  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwpassion View Post
Running a full-backup right now, results tomorrow... But one thing i already noticed is that bd-rb gets it wrong most of the time when selecting "movie only backup". Instead of the main movie it selects an extra feature.
Is it a movie or a series disc. BD-RB selects the playlist that is longest... I guess it's possible that there may be something that is looping through the same M2TS files and appears to be longer... I ran into that once. What disc are you backup up?
Old 24th December 2008, 22:39   #14  |  Link
vwpassion

All the discs I've tried were movies. Though I first used the options "encoder settings -> fair quality" and "quicker encode for extras". Actually all movies failed with this combination of settings, aborting right at the start with the error ""Retry attempts failed". I'll try again once this full backup is finally done (75% right now) and give you the titles of the movies and error logs.
Old 24th December 2008, 23:20   #15  |  Link
DVD Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Try opening the AVS file with Media Player -- you are probably getting an error in the decode. My guess is that you either don't have the codecs installed or enabled.
The AVS files are playing the source m2ts files just fine so not sure what that means? I have uninstalled all my codecs and manually installed your stated ones manually to be sure - same problem - encode is failing with a timeout message previously stated.
Old 24th December 2008, 23:54   #16  |  Link
MikeyBK

I'm also getting an error out... screenshots below

I'm probably not setting ffdshow up properly?
Attached Images

Old 25th December 2008, 00:05   #17  |  Link
vwpassion

First full backup just finished, unfortunately with an error, just after bd-rb was done with the main movie. Here is the log:

Code:
[19:00:47] BD Rebuilder v0.17.9 (beta)
  - Input BD size: 21,02 GB
  - Approximate total content: [02:02:30.644]
  - Target BD size: 7,72 GB
[19:00:47] PHASE ONE, Encoding
 - [19:00:49] Collecting video information [00001]
   - Video: 1920x1080, 23,976fps
   - Bitrate: 3.359 Kbs
 - [19:00:50] Reencoding: VID_00001, Pass 1 of 2
 - [19:01:29] Reencoding: VID_00001, Pass 2 of 2
 - [19:02:17] Video Encode complete
 - [19:02:17] Extracting/reencoding audio tracks
 - [19:02:18] Multiplexing M2TS
 - [19:08:22] Collecting video information [00003]
   - Video: 1920x1080, 23,976fps
   - Bitrate: 9.563 Kbs
 - [19:08:24] Reencoding: VID_00003, Pass 1 of 2
 - [20:27:32] Reencoding: VID_00003, Pass 2 of 2
 - [23:57:46] Video Encode complete
 - [23:57:46] Extracting/reencoding audio tracks
 - [00:00:01] Multiplexing M2TS
 - [00:00:05] Collecting video information [00004]
  - Error [01:-1] returned from encoder. Retrying.
  - Error [02:-1] returned from encoder. Retrying.
  - Error [03:-1] returned from encoder. Retrying.
  - Reached retry limit.  Aborting.
[00:00:18] - Failed video encode, aborted
It looked very promising, but then failed with one of the extras apparently. Disappointing, but hey, I realize its only a beta. Any thoughts jdobbs?

Oh yea, the movie is "You Kill Me" - Region B (German version).
Old 25th December 2008, 00:06   #18  |  Link
MikeyBK

Also, I am getting the wrong m2ts for movie only as well. House Bunny, single m2ts for main movie, but chooses a 179 MB vid
screenshot attached
Attached Images

Old 25th December 2008, 00:07   #19  |  Link
Capsbackup

Having a strange problem here. Full backup of Batman Begins, NTSC. Runs thru the first 88 M2TS's fine, but on the 89th, something happens and it try's to start a windows installer for Roxio Creator Premier Blu-ray 10. I canceled, deleted all files in working directory, rebooted and tryed again. Same results. After canceling windows installer, it then skips file and says "Reached retry limit. Aborting." Then continues on to the next M2TS. Partial log attached, since I think I should cancel rather than continue on for hours.
-----------------------
[10:23:00] BD Rebuilder v0.17.9 (beta)
- Input BD size: 36.72 GB
- Approximate total content: [05:04:41.971]
- Target BD size: 7.72 GB
[10:23:00] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [10:23:07] Reencoding: VID_00114 (1 of 119)
- [10:24:10] Reencoding: VID_00014 (2 of 119)
- [10:25:24] Reencoding: VID_00050 (3 of 119)
- [10:25:42] Reencoding: VID_00004 (4 of 119)
- [10:26:00] Reencoding: VID_00005 (5 of 119)
- [10:26:18] Reencoding: VID_00006 (6 of 119)
- [10:26:36] Reencoding: VID_00007 (7 of 119)
- [10:26:55] Reencoding: VID_00008 (8 of 119)
- [10:27:12] Reencoding: VID_00009 (9 of 119)
- [10:27:30] Reencoding: VID_00010 (10 of 119)
- [10:27:48] Reencoding: VID_00011 (11 of 119)
- [10:28:08] Reencoding: VID_00012 (12 of 119)
- [10:28:26] Reencoding: VID_00019 (13 of 119)
- [10:28:44] Reencoding: VID_00028 (14 of 119)
- [10:29:02] Reencoding: VID_00029 (15 of 119)
- [10:29:20] Reencoding: VID_00030 (16 of 119)
- [10:29:37] Reencoding: VID_00031 (17 of 119)
- [10:29:56] Reencoding: VID_00032 (18 of 119)
- [10:30:13] Reencoding: VID_00033 (19 of 119)
- [10:30:31] Reencoding: VID_00034 (20 of 119)
- [10:30:49] Reencoding: VID_00035 (21 of 119)
- [10:31:07] Reencoding: VID_00036 (22 of 119)
- [10:31:24] Reencoding: VID_00037 (23 of 119)
- [10:31:43] Reencoding: VID_00038 (24 of 119)
- [10:32:01] Reencoding: VID_00039 (25 of 119)
- [10:32:19] Reencoding: VID_00040 (26 of 119)
- [10:32:38] Reencoding: VID_00041 (27 of 119)
- [10:32:55] Reencoding: VID_00042 (28 of 119)
- [10:33:14] Reencoding: VID_00043 (29 of 119)
- [10:33:32] Reencoding: VID_00044 (30 of 119)
- [10:33:50] Reencoding: VID_00045 (31 of 119)
- [10:34:08] Reencoding: VID_00046 (32 of 119)
- [10:34:26] Reencoding: VID_00047 (33 of 119)
- [10:34:44] Reencoding: VID_00048 (34 of 119)
- [10:35:02] Reencoding: VID_00049 (35 of 119)
- [10:35:20] Reencoding: VID_00051 (36 of 119)
- [10:35:39] Reencoding: VID_00052 (37 of 119)
- [10:35:57] Reencoding: VID_00053 (38 of 119)
- [10:36:15] Reencoding: VID_00054 (39 of 119)
- [10:36:35] Reencoding: VID_00055 (40 of 119)
- [10:36:54] Reencoding: VID_00056 (41 of 119)
- [10:37:12] Reencoding: VID_00057 (42 of 119)
- [10:37:29] Reencoding: VID_00058 (43 of 119)
- [10:37:47] Reencoding: VID_00059 (44 of 119)
- [10:38:05] Reencoding: VID_00060 (45 of 119)
- [10:38:24] Reencoding: VID_00061 (46 of 119)
- [10:38:41] Reencoding: VID_00062 (47 of 119)
- [10:38:58] Reencoding: VID_00063 (48 of 119)
- [10:39:17] Reencoding: VID_00064 (49 of 119)
- [10:39:34] Reencoding: VID_00065 (50 of 119)
- [10:39:52] Reencoding: VID_00066 (51 of 119)
- [10:40:09] Reencoding: VID_00067 (52 of 119)
- [10:40:27] Reencoding: VID_00068 (53 of 119)
- [10:40:45] Reencoding: VID_00069 (54 of 119)
- [10:41:03] Reencoding: VID_00070 (55 of 119)
- [10:41:21] Reencoding: VID_00071 (56 of 119)
- [10:41:38] Reencoding: VID_00072 (57 of 119)
- [10:41:55] Reencoding: VID_00073 (58 of 119)
- [10:42:14] Reencoding: VID_00074 (59 of 119)
- [10:42:32] Reencoding: VID_00075 (60 of 119)
- [10:42:49] Reencoding: VID_00076 (61 of 119)
- [10:43:07] Reencoding: VID_00077 (62 of 119)
- [10:43:25] Reencoding: VID_00078 (63 of 119)
- [10:43:43] Reencoding: VID_00079 (64 of 119)
- [10:44:01] Reencoding: VID_00080 (65 of 119)
- [10:44:19] Reencoding: VID_00115 (66 of 119)
- [10:44:37] Reencoding: VID_00116 (67 of 119)
- [10:45:36] Reencoding: VID_00081 (68 of 119)
- [10:45:57] Reencoding: VID_00122 (69 of 119)
- [10:46:20] Reencoding: VID_00121 (70 of 119)
- [10:46:41] Reencoding: VID_00117 (71 of 119)
- [10:48:19] Reencoding: VID_00091 (72 of 119)
- [10:50:14] Reencoding: VID_00088 (73 of 119)
- [10:52:26] Reencoding: VID_00087 (74 of 119)
- [10:54:33] Reencoding: VID_00090 (75 of 119)
- [10:56:26] Reencoding: VID_00086 (76 of 119)
- [10:58:39] Reencoding: VID_00089 (77 of 119)
- [11:00:43] Reencoding: VID_00096 (78 of 119)
- [11:02:54] Reencoding: VID_00095 (79 of 119)
- [11:05:19] Reencoding: VID_00094 (80 of 119)
- [11:07:49] Reencoding: VID_00111 (81 of 119)
- [11:10:16] Reencoding: VID_00110 (82 of 119)
- [11:12:55] Reencoding: VID_00109 (83 of 119)
- [11:15:42] Reencoding: VID_00098 (84 of 119)
- [11:18:24] Reencoding: VID_00097 (85 of 119)
- [11:21:11] Reencoding: VID_00083 (86 of 119)
- [11:23:35] Reencoding: VID_00082 (87 of 119)
- [11:26:06] Reencoding: VID_00112 (88 of 119)
- [14:19:44] Reencoding: VID_00020 (89 of 119)
- Reached retry limit. Aborting.
- [14:20:43] Reencoding: VID_00093 (90 of 119)
- [14:24:15] Reencoding: VID_00101 (91 of 119)
- [14:29:04] Reencoding: VID_00092 (92 of 119)
- [14:32:40] Reencoding: VID_00100 (93 of 119)
- [14:37:44] Reencoding: VID_00103 (94 of 119)
- [14:42:04] Reencoding: VID_00099 (95 of 119)
- [14:46:45] Reencoding: VID_00105 (96 of 119)

I then go into the working folder and try to open VID_00020.avs with MPC, and the Windows installer try's to install Roxio again. Strange!! Contents of this AVS is:
#Created by BD Rebuilder - v0.17.9 (beta)
DirectshowSource("G:\BATMAN_BEGINS\BDMV\STREAM\00020.m2ts", fps=29.97, audio=false)
LoadPlugin("C:\Users\Laptop\Desktop\DVD Tools\BD_Rebuilder\tools\decomb521.dll")
FieldDeinterlace(blend=false)
Let me know if I can provide any other details.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2008, 00:13   #20  |  Link
vwpassion

Just tried to process another disc: The Shawshank Redemption German Region B. Aborts straight away on the first m2ts which is the main movie m2ts.

Code:
[00:07:44] BD Rebuilder v0.17.9 (beta)
  - Input BD size: 38,17 GB
  - Approximate total content: [03:39:52.298]
  - Target BD size: 7,72 GB
[00:07:46] PHASE ONE, Encoding
 - [00:07:46] Collecting video information [00001]
  - Error [01:-1] returned from encoder. Retrying.
  - Error [02:-1] returned from encoder. Retrying.
  - Error [03:-1] returned from encoder. Retrying.
  - Reached retry limit.  Aborting.
 - [00:07:49]  VID_00001
   - Inconsistency detected in source.
   - Copying.  Possible small sizing issue.
x264 exits with the runtime error "76" and "path not found" (the dialogue box' title is OnePass264).

Also, if I chose "movie only backup" it wont decect the main movie, but instead 2 extra features VID5 and VID6, though the first playlist on the bluray is the main movie, so I assume this has to do with the looping you mentioned.

Edit: here's the avs script created by bd-rb:
Quote:
#Created by BD Rebuilder - v0.17.9 (beta)
DirectshowSource("H:\BLURAY\SOURCES\DIE_VERURTEILTEN\BDMV\STREAM\00001.m2ts", fps=25, audio=false)
LoadPlugin("M:\ripping\BD Rebuilder\tools\decomb521.dll")
FieldDeinterlace(blend=false)
Can't open the avs with vdub either, i get the error "avisynth open failure: directshowsource: renderfile, the filter graph manager won't talk to me".

Last edited by vwpassion; 25th December 2008 at 00:26.