Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 16th May 2010, 20:36   #8201  |  Link
gerald410

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I've just updated the first post of this thread with a link to the newest beta release of BD-RB (v0.33.07). Changes for this release:
Code:
- Modified the AVS format so that  AssumeFramerate() is
  always used. This is meant to prevent mistaken or 
  miscalculated rates during the reencoding process and
  also avoids possible rounding errors.
- Changed settings on the iPad ALTERNATE settings to take
  advantage of CABAC and B-FRAMES.
- Corrected an "ExtractAudioSubs() 00053  1605" error that
  could occur in movie-only mode for features that consist
  of a large number of combined M2TS files.
- Corrected an issue in which frames could be lost and a
  "stutter" could be seen between segments of a seamlessly
  branched film when doing a full backup.
- Added a hidden option "SHUTDOWN_SLEEP=1" which will make
  the "Shutdown after Rebuild" option on the FILE menu to
  "Sleep after Rebuild" instead.
- Updated the included version of X264.EXE to the
  latest release (r1583).
- Other minor corrections and cosmetic fixes.
Sorry for the delay between releases. I managed to fit a short holiday in there...
Your kidding right lol, we're very fortunate for each release thx for your hard work
gerald410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 21:04   #8202  |  Link
jdobbs

@tekmobile

I did do some work in that area on the latest version. Let me know if you still get the error.
Old 16th May 2010, 21:18   #8203  |  Link
drmih

Quote:
It was probably originally encode at a 96Khz sample rate -- I've put a fix in for the next release that will downsample those to 48Khz.
Does the new update include this fix?
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 22:33   #8204  |  Link
tekmobile
Webmaster

Quote:
@tekmobile

I did do some work in that area on the latest version. Let me know if you still get the error.
Okay I will restart and let you know tomorrow
tekmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 01:06   #8205  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmih View Post
Does the new update include this fix?
Actually that was fixed in v0.33.06:
Code:
- Updated the audio AVS so that sample rates and sample
  sizes that are not compatible with AFTEN AC3 output are
  converted before being sent to the encoder.  This fixes
  some issues that cause audio encoding failures.
Old 17th May 2010, 01:07   #8206  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekmobile View Post
Thanks. I have a job going right now that has a huge number of M2TS parts so I can test it too.
Old 17th May 2010, 01:12   #8207  |  Link
PeteWalker74

Quote:
I've just updated the first post of this thread with a link to the newest beta release of BD-RB (v0.33.07). Changes for this release:
Code:
- Modified the AVS format so that  AssumeFramerate() is
  always used. This is meant to prevent mistaken or 
  miscalculated rates during the reencoding process and
  also avoids possible rounding errors.
- Changed settings on the iPad ALTERNATE settings to take
  advantage of CABAC and B-FRAMES.
- Corrected an "ExtractAudioSubs() 00053  1605" error that
  could occur in movie-only mode for features that consist
  of a large number of combined M2TS files.
- Corrected an issue in which frames could be lost and a
  "stutter" could be seen between segments of a seamlessly
  branched film when doing a full backup.
- Added a hidden option "SHUTDOWN_SLEEP=1" which will make
  the "Shutdown after Rebuild" option on the FILE menu to
  "Sleep after Rebuild" instead.
- Updated the included version of X264.EXE to the
  latest release (r1583).
- Other minor corrections and cosmetic fixes.
Sorry for the delay between releases. I managed to fit a short holiday in there...
You deserve it. Just wondering if you could give me your $.02 on the issue I was having with Gran Torino going out of sync toward the end of the movie. I posted it previously, and I'll post it again if you don't wish to find it yourself. Testing it with this beta you posted, and hoping it fixes the issue. Also testing Sin City with this, as it looks like it directly addresses the issue I was having. Thanks, bud.
PeteWalker74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 01:41   #8208  |  Link
Audiophile1178

jdobbs, Thank you for the sleep option!
Audiophile1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 02:11   #8209  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Don't waste your time. I know what's happening and I'm working on it. Hopefully you'll see a fix in a day or two.
Old 17th May 2010, 04:09   #8210  |  Link
stonej01

Sorry guys to post this when i'm sure someone may have asked before but i need help. Been a user of Bdrebuilder for about 6 months now. Great program, Jdobbs, much appreciated. But for some reason i cannot get the subs for the foreign language scenes in the Iron man bluray to work correctly. I either get everything in subs or nothing no matter which english i select. I use "all languages" under settings then changed it to english, Still nothing. I did a search and thats the only thing i found for this type of issue so far in the threads. I even did another try today when i got the new build, nothing. Any advice?
stonej01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 05:26   #8211  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonej01 View Post
Sorry guys to post this when i'm sure someone may have asked before but i need help. Been a user of Bdrebuilder for about 6 months now. Great program, Jdobbs, much appreciated. But for some reason i cannot get the subs for the foreign language scenes in the Iron man bluray to work correctly. I either get everything in subs or nothing no matter which english i select. I use "all languages" under settings then changed it to english, Still nothing. I did a search and thats the only thing i found for this type of issue so far in the threads. I even did another try today when i got the new build, nothing. Any advice?
Are you resizing to 720p? That's the only time I've heard of that problem.
Old 17th May 2010, 05:44   #8212  |  Link
SLOVEHEART
SLOVEHEART

BD-RB 3307 and AviSnth 2.5.8 + questions

No sooner than I mentioned that I used AviSynth 2.5.8 (in Afterdawn forum) and now it seems as though the latest release of BD-RB supports it! It wasn't mentioned in the changelog - so I am posting the Inspect.exe app's readout from my rig:

- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.8.0, Ok
- HAALI Splitter: Ok
- FFDSHOW: 3439, not recommended version I have since reverted to 3326 (cslid)
- WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC: Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "ffmpeg-mt": Ok
- BD Rebuilder v0.33.0.7, Ok
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- MP4BOX: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok

I know my FFDShow is off

I have an intersting experience with installing CoreAVC's codec on my rig - ended up causing trouble with Haali Splitter - that wasn't corrected by uninstalling the CoreAVC codec and reinstalling the correct Matroska splitter - had to delete the Haali folder in Program Files and then reinstall Matroska again.

When I tried to Preview stream in BD-RB window by right clicking on a stream - media player states that CoreAVC couldn't be found - this led me to try installing the codec. Is there a way to correct this? The stream will play after closing the info window...

Also, when right clivking a stream - there is a greyed out 'Blank this stream' option - is this for the future?

Another question: under encoder options - encoder - greyed out is FFmpeg encoder - I tried installing this encoder - but BD-RB doesn't recognize it - is this also something for the future?

Cheers...

Thank you J. Dobbs for your work, and to all those who help - thank you too and for everyone who drinks BD-RB - to your health and burning!!

I just donated a token amount to Mr. Dobbs - everyone should give up a small contribution - J.Dobbs really could be charging for this app by now - let's help him with his efforts...

Last edited by SLOVEHEART; 17th May 2010 at 05:49.
SLOVEHEART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 09:16   #8213  |  Link
tekmobile
Webmaster

Quote:
Don't waste your time. I know what's happening and I'm working on it. Hopefully you'll see a fix in a day or two.
Too late lol just set it off and went to bed but same error.

Thanks for the update.

Another thing I noticed (could be just me reading it wrong)

MOVIE-ONLY/ALTERNATE OUTPUT mode enabled
- Auto Quality: High Quality (Default), Two Pass

Makes if sound like it should be doing a 2 pass encode but noticed it only did a single pass

Last edited by tekmobile; 17th May 2010 at 09:19.
tekmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 13:40   #8214  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Too late lol just set it off and went to bed but same error.

Thanks for the update.

Another thing I noticed (could be just me reading it wrong)

MOVIE-ONLY/ALTERNATE OUTPUT mode enabled
- Auto Quality: High Quality (Default), Two Pass

Makes if sound like it should be doing a 2 pass encode but noticed it only did a single pass
It should be doing a two pass. But -- if you have "Quick Encode for Extras" checked, it will still do one pass for those. It will also still do one-pass for secondary video.
Old 17th May 2010, 13:48   #8215  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOVEHEART View Post
No sooner than I mentioned that I used AviSynth 2.5.8 (in Afterdawn forum) and now it seems as though the latest release of BD-RB supports it! It wasn't mentioned in the changelog - so I am posting the Inspect.exe app's readout from my rig:

- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.8.0, Ok
- HAALI Splitter: Ok
- FFDSHOW: 3439, not recommended version I have since reverted to 3326 (cslid)
- WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC: Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "ffmpeg-mt": Ok
- BD Rebuilder v0.33.0.7, Ok
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- MP4BOX: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok

I know my FFDShow is off

I have an intersting experience with installing CoreAVC's codec on my rig - ended up causing trouble with Haali Splitter - that wasn't corrected by uninstalling the CoreAVC codec and reinstalling the correct Matroska splitter - had to delete the Haali folder in Program Files and then reinstall Matroska again.

When I tried to Preview stream in BD-RB window by right clicking on a stream - media player states that CoreAVC couldn't be found - this led me to try installing the codec. Is there a way to correct this? The stream will play after closing the info window...

Also, when right clivking a stream - there is a greyed out 'Blank this stream' option - is this for the future?

Another question: under encoder options - encoder - greyed out is FFmpeg encoder - I tried installing this encoder - but BD-RB doesn't recognize it - is this also something for the future?

Cheers...

Thank you J. Dobbs for your work, and to all those who help - thank you too and for everyone who drinks BD-RB - to your health and burning!!

I just donated a token amount to Mr. Dobbs - everyone should give up a small contribution - J.Dobbs really could be charging for this app by now - let's help him with his efforts...
I still recommend AVISYNTH 2.5.7, but there haven't been any reports of issues with v2.5.8 that I could conclusively point at AVISYNTH so I decided to list it at "Ok". I think it may have gotten some of the blame for HAALI versions that didn't work and got corrected with a "complete reinstall of support components".

As for CoreAVC -- I can only say that I bought it, and ended up reverting to FFDSHOW because it had issues with playback of some sources. So if you decide to use it, always remove it and try FFDSHOW before posting a bug.

Yes, "Blank this stream" is planned for future implementation. Probably not for FFMPEG, although at one point I added that as a placeholder. Frankly X264 works so well that other choices (like I had in BD Rebuilder) seem senseless now.

Last edited by jdobbs; 17th May 2010 at 13:52.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 22:33   #8216  |  Link
worknstiff

Quote:
Thanks. I have a job going right now that has a huge number of M2TS parts so I can test it too.
Just wondering if it's possible that getting BD_Rebuilder to first combine all the .m2ts parts and then have it encode as one big .m2ts would maybe fix a lot of problems with the studdering and out of sync situations? It it's feasible it would seem better to have the computer just churning along encoding instead of starting and stoping for every little piece.
thanks Jdobbs for the great program, I have just about worn out a couple of computers using it already, Worknstiff
worknstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 22:53   #8217  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by worknstiff View Post
Just wondering if it's possible that getting BD_Rebuilder to first combine all the .m2ts parts and then have it encode as one big .m2ts would maybe fix a lot of problems with the studdering and out of sync situations? It it's feasible it would seem better to have the computer just churning along encoding instead of starting and stoping for every little piece.
thanks Jdobbs for the great program, I have just about worn out a couple of computers using it already, Worknstiff
That's just not feasible. If you did that you couldn't reproduce a true backup of the original.

I have to completely disagree with " "a lot of problems with studdering and out-of-sync" -- I think that almost all of those reports were cause by people who disregarded my advice and used helper programs that aren't recommended. I've done many hundreds of discs and have never seen stuttering or out-of-sync. The only exception I would make is the recent report by SoniG -- which I'm working right now.
Old 17th May 2010, 23:03   #8218  |  Link
Persecutor

Error Message BD Rebuilder v. 0.33.07

I downloaded and installed BD Rebuilder v 0.33.07 (twice after deleting the 33.05 folder) and get BD-RB Warning message: " Could not find valid path for these required tools: X264.EXE TSMUXER.EXE WAVI.EXE AFTEN.EXE DECOMB.DLL MKVMERGE.EXE Recommend you reinstall using all included files." What did I do wrong?
Persecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 23:26   #8219  |  Link
PeteWalker74

Quote:
That's just not feasible. If you did that you couldn't reproduce a true backup of the original.

I have to completely disagree with " "a lot of problems with studdering and out-of-sync" -- I think that almost all of those reports were cause by people who disregarded my advice and used helper programs that aren't recommended. I've done many hundreds of discs and have never seen stuttering or out-of-sync. The only exception I would make is the recent report by SoniG -- which I'm working right now.
I also have out of sync issues with Gran Torino, and since you initially helped me correct the configuration error I had, it's been smooth sailing on every disc. Assuming the issue with Sin City was corrected with this latest patch (it's still working on it as we speak) I don't have any other issues than Gran Torino. I'm also trying that with the .07 build to see if that was corrected. I just wanted to chime in and say that I was a person who has a perfect config, yet have (maybe had after .07) sync issues.
PeteWalker74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 23:37   #8220  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persecutor View Post
I downloaded and installed BD Rebuilder v 0.33.07 (twice after deleting the 33.05 folder) and get BD-RB Warning message: " Could not find valid path for these required tools: X264.EXE TSMUXER.EXE WAVI.EXE AFTEN.EXE DECOMB.DLL MKVMERGE.EXE Recommend you reinstall using all included files." What did I do wrong?
If you unzip it properly (the entire zip), those files will be included in the path and will be found.