Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11th November 2013, 14:07   #18201  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
Maybe this will put you in a better mood--I just sent you $20 bucks.
You're welcome!
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 15:01   #18202  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
You're welcome!
It is very much appreciated. I'm sorry I wasn't quicker with my response.

Last edited by jdobbs; 11th November 2013 at 15:46.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 15:12   #18203  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
November 9th, 2013 - v0.45.03
- Made major changes to how the Quick-Play reauthoring mechanism works. Implemented an interactive menu to the reauthored output. Now you can browse and select from multiple titles on Quick-Play reauthored discs. This feature applies also to all imported titles (DVD, Videofile, and BD). This feature is especially useful for combining and reencoding multiple BD or DVD series discs into a single BD-25 or BD-50
First of all excusme my English because i speak Spanish but i trying to do my best, dear jdobbs, iI have tried with two bluray discs and quick play to make everything on a disk but I can not do, not how. You can please help? Could you give me some link to some guide?

Thanks for your time
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 15:41   #18204  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurayhd View Post
First of all excusme my English because i speak Spanish but i trying to do my best, dear jdobbs, iI have tried with two bluray discs and quick play to make everything on a disk but I can not do, not how. You can please help? Could you give me some link to some guide?

Thanks for your time
Are you trying to create a single disc from two? Below is how. Keep in mind that you might want to use more meaningful names -- and you can edit your output menu's text:

1. Create a folder to hold the two discs. For example, you might create a folder called "D:\BOTH_DISCS"

2. Rip the two BDs into that folder. It might look like this:
D:\BOTH_DISCS
D:\BOTH_DISCS\DISC_1
D:\BOTH_DISCS\DISC_2

3. Open up BD-RB and select IMPORT and IMPORT BD(s) from the FILES menu. Then browse for D:\BOTH_DISCS

4. The import will take a few minutes, depending on how many discs you are importing. If you haven't created a default path for imports with the IMPORT_FOLDER hidden option, the result of the import will be in your Working Path. Let's say your working path is "D:\WORKING". So you should now have a new folder called "D:\WORKING\IMPORTS".

5. If you look in that folder you'll find another new folder called "BOTH_DISCS" -- if it is small enough (not likely) you could burn that folder. If you have a computer based player like PowerDVD 11, etc, you can point to it and test it. But since it is likely too large you move on to step 6.

6. From BD-RB select "D:\WORKING\BOTH_DISCS" as your source folder. Choose an output folder (or keep it as "D:\WORKING")... also choose an output target size.

7. Do a Full backup. At the end of the process you will have a folder called BOTH_DISCS in your working folder. It will be sized to match your target -- and you can burn it to disc.

Last edited by jdobbs; 11th November 2013 at 16:39.
Old 11th November 2013, 16:26   #18205  |  Link
gonca

Thanks for the new features and your hard work. $100 donation on the way.
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 16:32   #18206  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
Thanks for the new features and your hard work. $100 donation on the way.
Wow. Thanks. I truly appreciate the support.

Last edited by jdobbs; 11th November 2013 at 16:38.
Old 11th November 2013, 16:34   #18207  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
That's awesome and I agree completely.

I'm testing the Quick-Play Menu in the 4 modes with some iPad 2 videos 1080x720. The menus are displaying as they should, and are functioning very well. However, I may have misunderstood something...or..?? I also checked the hidden settings. Is there a switch or setting to set to dis/enable for the menu not to display after each video is played? Excellent for Episode...but perhaps not when you'd like the videos to play sequentially without the menu every time. Like, it's only displayed and interactive if you press the Menu button?

I appreciate the Share of your personal menu system.
I've added this as an option under the Import/Quick Play settings dialog. If you choose sequential play, the only time it will automatically return to the menu is at the end the last play item (or, of course, if you select the MENU button from your remote).

Last edited by jdobbs; 11th November 2013 at 16:37.
Old 11th November 2013, 16:44   #18208  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I've added this as an option under the Import/Quick Play settings dialog. If you choose sequential play, the only time it will automatically return to the menu is at the end the last play item (or, of course, if you select the MENU button from your remote).
Will we have to re encode or just re import and copy the 99001 and 99002 m2ts files to make use of the sequential play
Old 11th November 2013, 17:04   #18209  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Will we have to re encode or just re import and copy the 99001 and 99002 m2ts files to make use of the sequential play
You could just select Quick-Play and run it through with the new setting, it shouldn't need to reencode.

The change isn't actually in either of those two files, it would show up in MovieObject.bdmv in the BDMV folder (there's also a backup copy in the BDMV\BACKUP folder). If everything else is the same (for example if you imported the exact same list again and made the same edits, but didn't necessarily encode) you could probably just copy those two .bdmv files. But if anything had changed you might end up with an unplayable result.

Last edited by jdobbs; 11th November 2013 at 17:07.
Old 11th November 2013, 17:17   #18210  |  Link
gonca

Sounds good. If I understand correctly just do a Quick-Play import and that becomes my new "BD".

Once again, thank you for your hard work.
Old 11th November 2013, 17:53   #18211  |  Link
Capsbackup

Perhaps I am missing something, it wont be the first time.
I have Quick-Play backup enabled, I import 3 mpg titles created from a DVD recorder that are DVD compliant files via import video files, I edit the main title's name as well as the 3 individual titles names to my preferred, then click save and continue.
[HTML]----------------------
[08:28:33] Importing: BDRB_MP
- [08:29:25] Importing video file: (1 of 3)
- Preparing MPG for processing...
- Collecting audio/video streams from source...
- Integrating into pseudo-BD structure...
- [08:30:34] Importing video file: (2 of 3)
- [08:31:31] Importing video file: (3 of 3)
- [08:32:33] Creating Quick-Play Menu...
- Encoding menu background...
- Building menu structure...
[08:32:37] Video import completed successfully.[/HTML]

When I test the folder that is created in the "Import" folder with TMT3, the first video starts and plays to completion. However, then the menu (still with stars and a moon) is displayed but none of the titles names are displayed to select. Only this picture is visible.
I can right click within TMT3 to select title 1, 2 or 3, but cannot select a title from the displayed menu since there is no titles even visible.
What am I doing wrong?
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 18:30   #18212  |  Link
gonca

Capsbackup

I can tell you that TMT 6 has issues with the menus created by BD_RB, even worse than those. PowerDVD13 has no issues. My standalone Sony 550 has no issues. The problem is more than likely with TMT3 in your case. I pulled my Sony out of storage just to test the new features because of the way TMT6 was behaving.
Old 11th November 2013, 19:11   #18213  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Sounds good. If I understand correctly just do a Quick-Play import and that becomes my new "BD".

Once again, thank you for your hard work.
Yes. An import reauthors and creates a BD structure from the multiple sources, and builds a Quick-Play menu for it -- but it doesn't reencode. The source can be BDs, video files (AVI, MKV, MP4, etc), or DVDs. It usually results in a structure that is too big to burn.

A Quick-Play backup will take any BD source (not multiple sources) and reauthor it keeping the significant playlists -- and also reencode it if necessary to fit the target size. All the settings in the SETUP dialog apply to a Quick-Play backup just like it would a full backup. None of them (beyond the Import/Quick-Play dialog) apply to an import.

As an example, in my testing I imported all three BD discs from Season 1 of one of my favorite series into a single structure. It imported into a single legal BD format that contained all 10 episodes plus a couple of "making of" extras -- but it was almost 150GB (the size of the three source BDs). When I imported, I also edited the titles so they matched the actual episode titles. I then did a full backup to a BD-50. In the end I had a single disc that had an entire season on it -- and because of the "Auto Menu" function -- it had a nice customized backdrop for the menus. And... it looks very, very good. I can't distinguish it from the originals.

Last edited by jdobbs; 11th November 2013 at 19:21.
Old 11th November 2013, 19:23   #18214  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
Perhaps I am missing something, it wont be the first time.
I have Quick-Play backup enabled, I import 3 mpg titles created from a DVD recorder that are DVD compliant files via import video files, I edit the main title's name as well as the 3 individual titles names to my preferred, then click save and continue.

When I test the folder that is created in the "Import" folder with TMT3, the first video starts and plays to completion. However, then the menu (still with stars and a moon) is displayed but none of the titles names are displayed to select. Only this picture is visible.
I can right click within TMT3 to select title 1, 2 or 3, but cannot select a title from the displayed menu since there is no titles even visible.
What am I doing wrong?
Quote:
Capsbackup

I can tell you that TMT 6 has issues with the menus created by BD_RB, even worse than those. PowerDVD13 has no issues. My standalone Sony 550 has no issues. The problem is more than likely with TMT3 in your case. I pulled my Sony out of storage just to test the new features because of the way TMT6 was behaving.
I'm confident that the menus created by BD-RB are 100% BD compliant. I spent a lot of time with the BD spec making sure that is the case. The issue is likely to be in TMT. Software players are rarely a good test. But I can tell you that it works correctly with PowerDVD 11 and every standalone I've tried.

I did find and fix a bug today related to importing while you have Quick-Play selected as your output mode... I'm not sure if it is related to what you're seeing, but try making sure you have either full-backup or movie-only selected when you're doing the import and let me know if that fixes your issue. The bug I fixed might conceivably have blanked out the menu title names during the authoring (the Quick-Play mode was "bumping-heads" with the import). You don't need Quick-Play selected to do an import.

If it does let me know, an I'll post an interim version with the fix rather than wait for more bug reports.

Last edited by jdobbs; 11th November 2013 at 19:40.
Old 11th November 2013, 21:20   #18215  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Funny you'd say that. I had originally made it work that way, and then decided to change it so it exited to the menu. I'll add a switch.
Ahhh...Haaaa...Haaaa! Sweet! Thank YOU. The benefit of choice will add to the nectar of the program. Trying to get tricky, eh? See if someone would notice??

It did freeze a few times while importing and aborting import, so I had to force an exit. I...don't have it repeatable yet....so for now, FYI.
Old 11th November 2013, 23:16   #18216  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
Are you trying to create a single disc from two? Below is how. Keep in mind that you might want to use more meaningful names -- and you can edit your output menu's text:

1. Create a folder to hold the two discs. For example, you might create a folder called "D:\BOTH_DISCS"

2. Rip the two BDs into that folder. It might look like this:
D:\BOTH_DISCS
D:\BOTH_DISCS\DISC_1
D:\BOTH_DISCS\DISC_2

3. Open up BD-RB and select IMPORT and IMPORT BD(s) from the FILES menu. Then browse for D:\BOTH_DISCS

4. The import will take a few minutes, depending on how many discs you are importing. If you haven't created a default path for imports with the IMPORT_FOLDER hidden option, the result of the import will be in your Working Path. Let's say your working path is "D:\WORKING". So you should now have a new folder called "D:\WORKING\IMPORTS".

5. If you look in that folder you'll find another new folder called "BOTH_DISCS" -- if it is small enough (not likely) you could burn that folder. If you have a computer based player like PowerDVD 11, etc, you can point to it and test it. But since it is likely too large you move on to step 6.

6. From BD-RB select "D:\WORKING\BOTH_DISCS" as your source folder. Choose an output folder (or keep it as "D:\WORKING")... also choose an output target size.

7. Do a Full backup. At the end of the process you will have a folder called BOTH_DISCS in your working folder. It will be sized to match your target -- and you can burn it to disc.
Thankyou jdobbs for your detailed info.

IŽll try this as soon i can
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 04:11   #18217  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Hmm... I did experience a hang with Quick-Play which led to a crash. Could be related to the other hang I haven't located.
After it crashed, reloaded. Had BD-RB do import again. I started editing the list because some filenames as the descriptions were to long. Once done, everything looks good in the log:

Code:
[18:53:47] Importing: GLACIER
- [18:54:34] Importing video file: (1 of 9)
  - Converting audio, Track #2, AAC to AC3...
- [18:54:46] Importing video file: (2 of 9)
- [18:55:12] Importing video file: (3 of 9)
- [18:57:07] Importing video file: (4 of 9)
- [18:57:18] Importing video file: (5 of 9)
- [18:58:45] Importing video file: (6 of 9)
- [18:59:29] Importing video file: (7 of 9)
- [18:59:37] Importing video file: (8 of 9)
- [18:59:56] Importing video file: (9 of 9)
- [19:00:02] Creating Quick-Play Menu...
   - Encoding menu background...
   - Building menu structure...
[19:00:07] Video import completed successfully.
For a test before using my Standalone player, I ran PowerDVD 12, and the edited list is replaced with a generic. Yet, the titles.inf in the directory of the imported files contains my edits. Where the final doesn't. Doing more testing...perhaps I should replace some characters..
Old 12th November 2013, 05:48   #18218  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
I'm confident that the menus created by BD-RB are 100% BD compliant. I spent a lot of time with the BD spec making sure that is the case. The issue is likely to be in TMT. Software players are rarely a good test. But I can tell you that it works correctly with PowerDVD 11 and every standalone I've tried.

I did find and fix a bug today related to importing while you have Quick-Play selected as your output mode... I'm not sure if it is related to what you're seeing, but try making sure you have either full-backup or movie-only selected when you're doing the import and let me know if that fixes your issue. The bug I fixed might conceivably have blanked out the menu title names during the authoring (the Quick-Play mode was "bumping-heads" with the import). You don't need Quick-Play selected to do an import.

If it does let me know, an I'll post an interim version with the fix rather than wait for more bug reports.
It does appear to be a problem with TMT3, or TMT3 just doesn't like BD-RB's creation.
Burned to DVD+RW and tried on my Sony S360 and the menu text is visible and works correctly, starting with title one, goes to menu with title two highlighted. At completion of title two, the menu is displayed with title three highlighted. (Yellow is default color?)
Can I set BD-RB to start at the menu when the disc is inserted into my S360? (nice on episode discs so you don't have to play title one first to get to the menu and is easier to get to the title you want to play)
Can I set chapter points per my own predetermined chapter times / text file?

Excellent addition to an already great program!

EDIT:
Is adding audio to the menu an option?
Can you change the position / placement of the menu buttons?

Last edited by Capsbackup; 12th November 2013 at 06:10.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 09:29   #18219  |  Link
Sharc

Quick menu

The new Quick menu is a great feature

I just had 2 issues when doing a Quick-Play Backup of an episodic BD (4 episodes + 2 selected Extras) to BD9 target:

1. The CERTIFICATE folder is missing in the reauthored file structure. I get the Bdmv folder only.
2. The quick menu shows the title of the Disc for episode 4 instead of my edited title for that Episode.

Workaround:
I have to import the encoded BD9, edit the quick menu again and rebuild. The file structure in the Imports folder then includes the CERTIFICATE folder, and the quick menu is now correct, means I can burn the disc from the Imports Folder.

I had the same issues with 2 different disks. Do I miss something?

Last edited by Sharc; 12th November 2013 at 12:04.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 11:55   #18220  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
Workaround:
I have to import the encoded BD9, edit the quick menu again and rebuild. The file structure in the Import folder then includes the CERTIFICATE folder, and the quick menu is now correct, means I can burn the disc from the Import folder, but chapters seem to be off or lost then.

I had the same issues with 2 different disks. Do I miss something?
I confirm that with CERTIFICATE and Quick-Play Menu text, using MKV's processed with BD-RB.