Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 28th February 2014, 00:07   #19401  |  Link
ChldsPlay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
@Childsplay

That routine is executed on every full backup made. This is the only report ever received of this type. Since the code is executed so often on so many systems, I have to believe the issue is local to your machine. That makes me think one of two things.

1. If the source is pointing to a local drive onto which you've ripped the disc, your drive is having issues with circular references. You may want to do a CHKDSK to find any issues. If this is a network or externally connected drive, it could also be a driver issue.

2. If you are reading directly from a disc it could either be a driver issue, or it could be a new type of copy protection that isn't being addressed by the ripping software.

I'll order the discs and see if I can repeat the issue in the case of #2.
I created a new target folder with a different name and it worked fine. I had noticed that when I selected my target folder previously, it wasn't displaying the full address (i.e. A:\The Big Bang Theory Season 2\backup was only showing up as A:\The Big Bang Theory Season 2).
ChldsPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2014, 00:13   #19402  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
I created a new target folder with a different name and it worked fine. I had noticed that when I selected my target folder previously, it wasn't displaying the full address (i.e. A:\The Big Bang Theory Season 2\backup was only showing up as A:\The Big Bang Theory Season 2)
Interesting.
Old 28th February 2014, 06:18   #19403  |  Link
Audiophile1178

Jdobbs, do you have an answer to this question?

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...58#post1669758

Just using BDRebuilder as is on 2-pass encoding without any modifications to it doesn't work. I also added those two config lines in the previous question without any luck.

FWIW, here's some info that might be tripping it up:

1. 104 playlists
2. 174 m2ts files

I don't know why when I set BD Rebuilder to DVD9 it sees most of the files but still not all. When I Set it to BD25 it ignores A LOT of m2ts files.

Maybe there's too many m2ts files for BD Rebuilder to handle?
Audiophile1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2014, 14:57   #19404  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiophile1178 View Post
Jdobbs, do you have an answer to this question?

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...58#post1669758

Just using BDRebuilder as is on 2-pass encoding without any modifications to it doesn't work. I also added those two config lines in the previous question without any luck.

FWIW, here's some info that might be tripping it up:

1. 104 playlists
2. 174 m2ts files

I don't know why when I set BD Rebuilder to DVD9 it sees most of the files but still not all. When I Set it to BD25 it ignores A LOT of m2ts files.

Maybe there's too many m2ts files for BD Rebuilder to handle?
If you set it to BD-9 and it ignores files, it is probably because they are unreferenced. Some discs have "filler" material added to make them larger than BD-25. BD-RB ignores anything that isn't referenced.

I'll go back and look a BD-25 -- there was some reasoning there, but it escapes me right now.
Old 28th February 2014, 15:58   #19405  |  Link
Yordan5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoman View Post
This was happening to me a month or so ago so I reinstalled BDR and it worked fine until now. I reinstalled it again with v.0.46.13 beta but still get this message about txmuxer not working. Can you tell me why this happens and what is the solution? This has happened several times. Thank you.
There is not an easy answer to this as anything could be causing this to happen. Do a system restore to the point where tsMuxeR was working fine and check what changes or installations you did before the problem started. This does not appear to be a BD-RB bug so you may not get many replies in this thread.
Yordan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2014, 16:43   #19406  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoman View Post
This was happening to me a month or so ago so I reinstalled BDR and it worked fine until now. I reinstalled it again with v.0.46.13 beta but still get this message about txmuxer not working. Can you tell me why this happens and what is the solution? This has happened several times. Thank you.
There are a couple posts further back in this thread where DoctorM was having issues with the new TSMUXER. If I recall correctly it was because he had an exceptionally old processor that didn't support SSE2. Any chance that may be your issue?
Old 28th February 2014, 17:40   #19407  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
If you set it to BD-9 and it ignores files, it is probably because they are unreferenced. Some discs have "filler" material added to make them larger than BD-25. BD-RB ignores anything that isn't referenced.

I'll go back and look a BD-25 -- there was some reasoning there, but it escapes me right now.
I looked at it. The M2TS files that aren't included when MIN_M2TS_SIZE=0 are the ones that have no video, contain IGS (with IGS_ENABLE set off), BD-RB has determined to be menus, or BD-RB has determined to be made up of still images (and AUTO_BLANK is off).

Last edited by jdobbs; 28th February 2014 at 17:48.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2014, 20:24   #19408  |  Link
DoctorM

Does BD Rebuilder not allow mpeg2 on AVCHD BD5/9 discs?
I added on a trailer (from a DVD) to my recent encoding, and although it is below the MIN_M2TS_SIZE value, it still forced a re-encoding.

That's a bit of a problem because I had added AVS filters for the movie, but I don't want those filters applied to the extras.

Last edited by DoctorM; 28th February 2014 at 20:36.
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2014, 20:39   #19409  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorM View Post
I added on a trailer (from a DVD) to my recent encoding, and although it is below the MIN_M2TS_SIZE value, it still forced a re-encoding.

That's a bit of a problem because I had added AVS filters for the movie, but I don't want those filters applied to the extras.
It's not a matter of BD-RB allowing it. The AVCHD standard doesn't allow it.
Old 28th February 2014, 20:45   #19410  |  Link
Acerjen

Converting SBS MKV to MVC 3D

I am having difficulties getting SBS MKVs to properly convert to MVC 3D ISOs. The conversion completes successfully. On playback, the picture is somewhat blocky and does not play smooth. It is difficult to describe what is happening so I have provided a sample at the following link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zznnngx2r0...8SAMPLE%29.ISO

If someone would be willing to download this file and try to play it on their system and tell me if they have any trouble, I would greatly appreciate your time. Here is a link to the original sample file I used from my Blu-ray disc.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oa3hig5gl4...8sample%29.mkv

And also, the support files that jdobbs usually asks for.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/geimtdsqhd...rt%20files.zip

Thanks for your time. Later.

-acerjen
Acerjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2014, 21:17   #19411  |  Link
Audiophile1178

Quote:
Some discs have "filler" material added to make them larger than BD-25. BD-RB ignores anything that isn't referenced.
While I do agree with you that the newer discs are using this sort of trickery both of the X-Files discs came out in 2008 and back then they didn't do that sort of thing.

Just to be sure that this isn't the case, I used Procmon in conjunction with PowerDVD and had the disc loaded in BD Rebuilder to compare everything. I can assure you that everything that I'm questioning is referenced in the disc menu. My findings were that most of the material that BD Rebuilder doesn't see is contained in bonus material titled:

"The X-Files Complete Timeline"
"Still Galleries"

The X-Files Complete Timeline is very interesting and goes into specific details about everything regarding the X-Files and breaks it down by year/seasons/movies etc... The user has the choice. This feature is very tricky to navigate and has TONS of SD video of at least 87 m2ts files that are at least 2.4 GB in size along with interesting facts and pictures. It's hard to track everything down as there's so much material.

The "X-Files: I Want To Believe" is one of the most difficult discs that I've come across because of all these features.

FWIW, I also can't do the first film "Fight The Future" for two reasons

1. tsMuxeR is throwing up errors on 00003.m2ts file. The same error as Matrix789 is having here:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...76#post1670576

which has nothing directly to do with BD Rebuilder.

2. BD Rebuilder has the same issue as the second film of not seeing all the m2ts files. BD Rebuilder is ignoring the same bonus part as in disc two "Still Galleries". In this case, it isn't as bad as those "Still Galleries" consist of three files (I believe) which isn't that bad as I could manually encode that so it's not as much of a concern but is still the same problem with BD Rebuilder.

I guess it's not too surprising that both X-Files movie are having issues with BD Rebuilder as they were both released on the same exact day and have the same format but just different bonus content.

If there's anything that I can further do to help assist you let me know.

P.S. If you wish I could send you the Blu-ray structure of both discs (everything but the stream folder as including that folder would be too much to upload) to possibly help you analyze the disc. I could also tell you which playlists BD Rebuilder ignores.
Old 28th February 2014, 21:18   #19412  |  Link
mparade

Quote:
There are a couple of changes I need to make for that mode anyway. There is still some dangling information remaining that indicates 3D after the backup.
Could you make these changes for the next release? Anyway, were you succeeded in processing Avatar 3D as 2D for full disc backup? I would be much concerned about that.

Thank you in advance!
mparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2014, 21:33   #19413  |  Link
DoctorM

Quote:
It's not a matter of BD-RB allowing it. The AVCHD standard doesn't allow it.
I suspected. So I stopped the job, removed the filters, used 'Import Videofiles' and pointed it to the newly re-encoded M2TS of the film and the mpeg2 trailer file.

I figured it would build a psuedo BD and let me continue from there with BDRB copying the movie and re-encoding the trailer (now without the filter).

It isn't doing that. It STILL wants to re-encode the movie:
Quote:
SOURCE_SIZE=4314329992
SOURCE_VIDEO_SIZE=4314329088
TARGET_SIZE=4686086144
REDUCTION=1.0861677782147
Quote:
[02/28/14] BD Rebuilder v0.46.13 (beta)
[15:18:21] Source: WORKFILES
- Input BD size: 4.02 GB
- Approximate total content: [01:38:53.552]
- Target BD size: 4.36 GB
- Windows Version: 5.1 [2600]
- Quick-Play Reauthoring mode enabled
- Quality: Highest (Very Slow), CRF
- Decoding/Frame serving: DirectShow
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=0 Kbs=640
[15:18:22] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [15:18:22] Processing: VID_00001 (1 of 1)
- [15:18:22] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00001]
- [15:22:08] Reencoding video [VID_00001]
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1280x720
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 142,263 frames
- [15:22:08] Performing CRF Prediction...
- Analyzing 11.00 [11.00]
Apparently for BD5/9 discs there is no recognition if the video source is already compliant with AVCHD standard.

Also, I don't know if I'm alone on this, but I would think the AVS filter shouldn't (by default anyway) be applied to bonus features. Extras frequently aren't similar to the feature film and don't need the same treatment.

Finally, I now need some advice on how to rebuild what I've got. I have the film re-encoded in M2TS ready for BD5, but the trailer is still non-compliant mpeg-2. I have no idea how to rebuild this now.

Edit: Added FORCE_NOENCODE=1. It still want to encode that thing.
Edit 2: Okay, I've got a problem somewhere. Set BDRB with a BD-25 target and it still wants to re-encode. I'm lost.

Last edited by DoctorM; 28th February 2014 at 23:05.
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2014, 23:07   #19414  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mparade View Post
Could you make these changes for the next release? Anyway, were you succeeded in processing Avatar 3D as 2D for full disc backup? I would be much concerned about that.

Thank you in advance!
When I tried to back it up to 2D I had the same issue you had. There's a bug in which some of the playlists are kept 3D and some are not, and it causees a lot of confusion. I'll see what I can do for the next release, but it looks like it's not going to be a simple matter.

Last edited by jdobbs; 28th February 2014 at 23:11.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2014, 23:13   #19415  |  Link
jdobbs

@Audiophile1178

Did you read this post?
Old 28th February 2014, 23:43   #19416  |  Link
mparade

Quote:
When I tried to back it up to 2D I had the same issue you had. There's a bug in which some of the playlists are kept 3D and some are not, and it causees a lot of confusion. I'll see what I can do for the next release, but it looks like it's not going to be a simple matter.
Thank you for your time. Truly appreciated your efforts!
mparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2014, 00:08   #19417  |  Link
Audiophile1178

Quote:
@Audiophile1178

Did you read this post?
Yes, I did as I quoted from it. I was responding to that post stating that I looked into both discs and the files that BD Rebuilder doesn't see do get referenced by the disc and I listed what those files contain, as well as, what accessed those files in the disc menu.

I know that you said that you're going to look into it. I just wanted to convey my findings and possibly help you out by providing the Blu-ray structure.

As I said before, "I Want To Believe" is one of the craziest discs that I've seen and would think that it would be a good test disc for you to use.

As it stands, I was simply stating that I'm currently unable to backup either of the X-Files movies because of these various issues.

Last edited by Audiophile1178; 1st March 2014 at 00:40.
Old 1st March 2014, 00:17   #19418  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:

Just in case you didn't know: You can control the application of the .avs scripts by using a prefix like f:, e: etc. It's documented in the changes.txt
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2014, 00:49   #19419  |  Link
jdobbs

Back by popular demand. From a previous post:

All settings that don't use the "a:" are assumed to be video. Some other prefixes:

i: means apply only to interlaced sources
p: means apply only to progressive sources
f: means apply only to the feature
e: means apply only to extras

The default of no prefix at all means apply it to all sources

They can be used together, for example:

f:a:Amplify(audio,1.25)

would mean to increase audio by 25% for the feature only.
Old 1st March 2014, 01:25   #19420  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Edit: Added FORCE_NOENCODE=1. It still want to encode that thing.
Edit 2: Okay, I've got a problem somewhere. Set BDRB with a BD-25 target and it still wants to re-encode. I'm lost.
I experienced and reported a similar problem some days ago. I found that the unwanted re-encoding was probably triggered by the selected resize option. Try to unselect the options (you don't need these for pure re-authoring), and your source should remain intact.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote