Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 7th July 2014, 14:52   #20501  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-c-ksum View Post
when specifying

MIN_M2TS_SIZE=30 it gets ignored, I understand the default is 100 but anything lower and the new setting gets ignored. It only responds to setting above 100.

trying to blank a bunch of extras that are between 30 and 100mb
It works. But there are times when it is supposed to be ignored -- for instance when the M2TS is a part of a larger playlist. Then it has to be encoded to match the rest of the playlist's parts.
Old 7th July 2014, 14:59   #20502  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWK View Post
I have managed to figure out cause of failure and why it is failing. In my case I used Region A disc. This is gone be long so bear with me.

[Disc Info]

00042.m2ts contain only 7min and 19 sec from beginning and 00065.m2ts is mvc view for corresponding 00042.m2ts. Normally 3D disc has AVC and MVC view and they are interleaved in ssif folder with file name of avc file. Which allow backwards compatibility with 2D system.

Example 0001.m2ts (AVC) and 0002.m2ts (MVC) will be 0001.ssif with size of 0001 + 0002 combined.

Lego is 3D exclusive and in this case there is no backwards compatibility and will not play in 2D system. Normally disc are backwards compatible, even if they are not as long there is avc stream with full movie, hack like Slysoft Anydvd "simulate 3D display" would work. However in this case it simply doesn't contain full movie avc stream.

Rather it is made of SSIF file, which is not fake or made of two m2ts files commonly found on disc. SSIF file in this case holds actual movie itself and since it only play in 3D, when player plays it is actually reading SSIF file sectors, not interleaved files between two m2ts files normally found in Blu-ray 3D.

Reason why BD-RB can’t back it up is normally when you open disc in BD-RB. It scans all mpls based files and display movie only or all relevant title based on import threshold. In Lego case 00098.mpls tell program movie is 1h 40m and 35 sec which causes it to import, however it imports actual stream from 00042.m2ts and 00065.m2ts which account for size 2,454.44MB seen in BD-RB. Even though program suppose to import full movie but it end up importing 7min and 19 sec segment.

http://s2.postimg.org/jmt4d1qc9/Lego.png

What program need to do in this case is use SSIF file which will successfully import entire movie. Instead of first seven minute and nineteen second and to back it up program will also require telling tsmuxer to use SSIF file for extraction instead of m2ts it normally uses.

Normally if disc is interleaved to create SSIF file, BDMV folder will be close to double the size of movie and in some cases size of disc. However in this case there is not such thing.

http://i57.tinypic.com/jsesyb.png
Thanks for the analysis. I can see why it would work, I did a couple of discs that way when I was looking for ways to do a backup without the need for doubling the size and still being able to write to disc with IMGBURN, but I settled on the in-mux method instead. I was (and still am) worried that it may violate the BD standard, although I'll have to check closer to be sure.

I'll see what I can do to make it work. It should just be a matter of demuxing and feeding from the SSIF instead of the two M2TS files.

Last edited by jdobbs; 7th July 2014 at 15:02.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2014, 18:12   #20503  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post

I'll see what I can do to make it work. It should just be a matter of demuxing and feeding from the SSIF instead of the two M2TS files.
If you need tester to test out new method, I am available
Old 7th July 2014, 18:26   #20504  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
If you need tester to test out new method, I am available
The only difficult part is determining which discs need it. You can't just switch the method because there are plenty of MENU and EXTRA items that don't have an SSIF.
Old 7th July 2014, 18:31   #20505  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
@jdobbs
My source is a mounted 3D .iso. I encode it in Quick-Play Backup mode.
Everything is ok, but editing the Quick-Play Menu has no effect. The Quick Menu always reverts to DB-RBs defaults.
Is this because the edited titles.inf cannot be written to the mounted drive? If so, is there a possibility to make changes manually e.g. by editing the titles.inf in the \BDMV\Backup\Playlist\titles.inf folder, just before burning the backup to disc?
Is there any chance you may have exited and restarted? The problem with the edited changes and an ISO (or a direct read from a BD disc) is that the titles.inf file can't be saved to the source. So the changes are only good for as long as BD-RB is active. If you exit and reenter (or possibly if you run it as a BATCH job, I'll have to check that) the changes are lost.

I'll have to look and see if there is a way I can save it somewhere else for those kinds of sources. The problem is that there are few paths that are guaranteed to remain consistent between runs.

Last edited by jdobbs; 7th July 2014 at 18:33.
Old 7th July 2014, 19:46   #20506  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Is there any chance you may have exited and restarted? The problem with the edited changes and an ISO (or a direct read from a BD disc) is that the titles.inf file can't be saved to the source. So the changes are only good for as long as BD-RB is active. If you exit and reenter (or possibly if you run it as a BATCH job, I'll have to check that) the changes are lost.

I'll have to look and see if there is a way I can save it somewhere else for those kinds of sources. The problem is that there are few paths that are guaranteed to remain consistent between runs.
Definitely no batch job, but now you mention it, I can't exclude that I exited and restartedBD-RB. I'll try again.
I recall that another poster reported the same problem, so finding a way how to save the titles.inf would mean a +1

Edit:
Hmmm..., it seems that even without exiting and restarting the changes done via the Quick-menu editor have no effect.

Last edited by Sharc; 7th July 2014 at 20:22.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2014, 20:32   #20507  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
The only difficult part is determining which discs need it. You can't just switch the method because there are plenty of MENU and EXTRA items that don't have an SSIF.
Jdobbs, you have come long way when it comes to overcoming some of the most difficult sources, try it and you shall succeed.

Just want to take guess would it be possible to add code which tell program after scanning disc and identify main movie use ssif to extract instead of m2ts for feature film. Also I remember Roman telling me when you demux using mpls file in tsmuxer, it will use m2ts file, if both file are present. However if m2ts is absent then it fallback to ssif file and same goes other way around.

Last edited by HWK; 7th July 2014 at 20:36.
HWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2014, 22:04   #20508  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Jdobbs, you have come long way when it comes to overcoming some of the most difficult sources, try it and you shall succeed.

Just want to take guess would it be possible to add code which tell program after scanning disc and identify main movie use ssif to extract instead of m2ts for feature film. Also I remember Roman telling me when you demux using mpls file in tsmuxer, it will use m2ts file, if both file are present. However if m2ts is absent then it fallback to ssif file and same goes other way around.
I'll probably look at the file sizes of the two M2TS files and compare it to the SSIF. If an SSIF exists, and it shows a significant size discrepancy it will go with the SSIF. The downside is that I'm not sure when I will test it. 3D movies are expensive and my donations are exceptionally low, and I've made a rule for myself that I will no longer buy movies for testing with my own money. Losing money on a freeware development project has gotten to be an expensive habit.

[Edit] For those who might offer a free download of their disc -- please don't send me a PM. I appreciate it, but I don't download copyrighted discs.

BD-RB doesn't rely on TSMUXER to make those kinds of choices. I scan the disc myself (mainly so I can collect other important data from the MPLS and CLPI files) and create my own META files (which are then fed to TSMUXER). In fact, the GUI isn't even needed or included in the BD-RB distribution.

Last edited by jdobbs; 7th July 2014 at 22:43.
Old 7th July 2014, 22:32   #20509  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
I'll probably look at the file sizes of the two M2TS files and compare it to the SSIF. If an SSIF exists, and it shows a significant size discrepancy it will go with the SSIF. The downside is that I'm not sure when I will test it. 3D movies are expensive and my donations are exceptionally low, and I've made a rule for myself that I will no longer buy movies for testing with my own money. Losing money on a development project has gotten to be an expensive habit.
Tell you what if you can add code to check size of avc and mvc size and compare with ssif. Least I can do provide feedback and test for you and let you know if you are on right track or not. If it takes multiple times to run it so be it and I am willing to do it.
Old 7th July 2014, 22:39   #20510  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Tell you what if you can add code to check size of avc and mvc size and compare with ssif. Least I can do provide feedback and test for you and let you know if you are on right track or not. If it takes multiple times to run it so be it and I am willing to do it.
Thanks. I'll add the code and send you a test version so you can run it on your disc.

Thanks.
Old 7th July 2014, 22:55   #20511  |  Link
HWK

No problem, I would send donation but recent set of events has put me in really tight situation. So I came with another way to help you.

Last edited by HWK; 7th July 2014 at 22:58.
Old 7th July 2014, 22:57   #20512  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
No problem, I would send donation but recent sets of events has put me in really tight situation. So I came with another way to help you.
I don't expect donations from people who contribute in other ways. I appreciate your support here on the forum.
Old 7th July 2014, 23:07   #20513  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by worknstiff View Post
I wonder if this is why the 3D quality in this movie was not as good as the REAL 3D that played in the theater. I watched this at home after I got it and was completely underwhelmed with what I was seeing. The whole movie was kinda soft and blurry, without the primary colors that popped when I saw it at the theater. I have seriously thought about returning it because I was so unimpressed with the 3D on it, especially because I paid 38 bucks for it.
No it has to do with transfer characteristics or playback environment and it does not affect how disc is authored.

Also want to confirm what is region of your blu-ray.

Last edited by HWK; 7th July 2014 at 23:13.
Old 7th July 2014, 23:37   #20514  |  Link
gonca

The 3D issue doesn't affect me but $30 your way to help with the issue
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2014, 23:46   #20515  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonca View Post
Wow, some of our community are made of really nice members I am positive Jdobbs appreciate it.

Last edited by HWK; 7th July 2014 at 23:49.
Old 7th July 2014, 23:53   #20516  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Wow, some of our community are made of really nice members I am positive Jdobbs appreciate it.
We're both Toronto people, we do what we can to help.
Old 7th July 2014, 23:56   #20517  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
We're both Toronto people, we do what we can to help.
You got that right!! Do whatever you can provided to stay within limits to help others is my motto
Old 8th July 2014, 00:03   #20518  |  Link
gonca

If an i7 hexacore at 4.4GHz can be of help in testing, let me know.
Old 8th July 2014, 00:06   #20519  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
That works for me. Much appreciated.

I've ordered the LEGO MOVIE 3D edition from Amazon, and it should be here in 2 days.

Thanks.

[Edit] Hmm... the confirmation message from Amazon says "Prime Two-day shipping" -- and then estimates Friday, July 11th for delivery. Is it me, or does 11-7=2 now? It's been a while since I was in school. I have to admit I haven't been keeping up with "new math".

Last edited by jdobbs; 8th July 2014 at 00:15.
Old 8th July 2014, 00:22   #20520  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
If an i7 hexacore at 4.4GHz can be of help in testing, let me know.
It is kind of funny that my primary machine is also hexa core (i7 3930K @ 4.5 Ghz and liquid cooled)