Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Closed Thread

Old 17th January 2017, 22:07   #2861  |  Link
chummy

Code:
RemoveGrain(2,5)
UUMblur3()
return Last
####
function UUMblur3(clip C, int "percentblur", int "speed")
{
    Assert(C.IsYV12, "source must be YV12")

percentblur = Min(Max(0, Default(percentblur, 30)), 80)
    speed      = Default(speed, 0)

super = MSuper(C)

## slow : medium : fast
    B = (speed<0)
    \ ?  MFlowBlur(C, super,
    \      MAnalyse(super, search=3, searchparam=24, truemotion=true, isb=true),
    \      MAnalyse(super, search=3, searchparam=24, truemotion=true, isb=false),
    \      blur=Float(percentblur))
    \ : (speed==0)
    \  ? MFlowBlur(C, super,
    \      MAnalyse(super, search=4, searchparam=16, truemotion=true, isb=true),
    \      MAnalyse(super, search=4, searchparam=16, truemotion=true, isb=false),
    \  : MFlowBlur(C, super,
    \      MAnalyse(super, search=4, searchparam= 2, truemotion=true, isb=true),
    \      MAnalyse(super, search=4, searchparam= 2, truemotion=true, isb=false),

return (percentblur==0) ? C : B
}
Old 17th January 2017, 22:21   #2862  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by chummy View Post
Hello, so i have a script with MFlowBlur which works with SET Avisynth MT but cannot make avisynth+ MT work on it.

SetFilterMTMode("DEFAULT_MT_MODE", 2)
SetFilterMTMode("ffvideosource", 3)
SetFilterMTMode("RGtools", 1)
Can you elaborate on "cannot make avisynth+ MT work on it"?
Old 17th January 2017, 23:07   #2863  |  Link
chummy

With Set MT it's capable to use all threads from my CPU and speed up the processing by almost 3.5x, while without multithreading in Avisynth+ it stuck to slow speed. 1.60fps with avisynth+ single-thread process and 15% CPU usage, while with SET multithreading it achieving almost 6fps and 90% CPU usage. Avisynth+ MT works for some other scripts which i tried but not for this one. I hope that explain what i trying to say.
Old 17th January 2017, 23:09   #2864  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
With Set MT it's capable to use all threads from my CPU and speed up the processing by almost 3.5x, while without multithreading in Avisynth+ it stuck to slow speed. 1.60fps with avisynth+ single-thread process and 15% CPU usage, while with SET multithreading it achieving almost 6fps and 90% CPU usage. Avisynth+ MT works for some other scripts which i tried but not for this one. I hope that explain what i trying to say.
Where did you put the "prefetch" statement?
Old 17th January 2017, 23:29   #2865  |  Link
chummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
Where did you put the "prefetch" statement?
At bottom like any other script.
Old 17th January 2017, 23:32   #2866  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
At bottom like any other script.
If you put it at the bottom of the script you posted above it will of course not work, the unnecessary "return last" prevents it from being executed.
Post the entire script.

Last edited by Groucho2004; 17th January 2017 at 23:35.
Old 18th January 2017, 01:53   #2867  |  Link
chummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
If you put it at the bottom of the script you posted above it will of course not work, the unnecessary "return last" prevents it from being executed.
Post the entire script.
Thanks for the information, so i put prefetch before return last and multithreading is working fine.
Old 18th January 2017, 12:01   #2868  |  Link
gaak

Just started using 64 bit Avisynth+ for my project and it's working out fine. I was wondering if there is a formal way to request a 64 bit version to be made from a 32 bit source? I can't find a 64 bit version of RoboCrop. I asked the author and he is unable to do it because he only has a 32 bit system. I know AutoCrop is available and have been using it, but I find RoboCrop to be more reliable. Thanks.
Old 18th January 2017, 19:04   #2869  |  Link
wonkey_monkey
Formerly davidh*****

This may be a stupid question but I've just migrated to Avisynth+. I installed the FilterSDK, but where is, or what is the name of, the header file I should be including in my plugin development projects from now on? And is there an avisynth+.lib I should be linking too?

I usually get these things working by trial-and-error...

---

Also, should I have an avisynth+.dll somewhere? It's all installed and working, but I can't find a file called that, and any avisynth.dlls I can find (x86 and x64) are 2.6.0.5.

Last edited by wonkey_monkey; 18th January 2017 at 19:21.
Old 18th January 2017, 19:27   #2870  |  Link
JoeyMonco

You either include avisynth.h or avisynth_c.h (depending on whether you want the C or C++ API) just like normal avisynth. The DLL and lib are still also just called avisynth, not avisynth+, as well. If the DLL were renamed it would no longer be a drop-in replacement for classic Avisynth...

Last edited by JoeyMonco; 18th January 2017 at 19:40.

Old 18th January 2017, 19:46   #2871  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhorman View Post
I installed the FilterSDK, but where is, or what is the name of, the header file I should be including in my plugin development projects from now on?
Use the AVS+ headers from here.
Quote:
And is there an avisynth+.lib I should be linking too?
If you need it (only when you're writing c-plugins), you have to build it yourself with the AVS+ sources.
Quote:
Also, should I have an avisynth+.dll somewhere? It's all installed and working, but I can't find a file called that, and any avisynth.dlls I can find (x86 and x64) are 2.6.0.5.
It's avisynth.dll, also for AVS+. If you have 2.6.0.5 versions you probably did something wrong, I recommend uninstalling all traces of previous versions and cleaning the registry and plugin directories before installing AVS+.
By the way, there is no 2.6.0.5 64 bit version as far as I know.
Edit: I stand corrected. There is a 2.6.0.5 64 bit version, I forgot about AVS+ r1576.

Last edited by Groucho2004; 18th January 2017 at 22:02.
Old 18th January 2017, 20:16   #2872  |  Link
wonkey_monkey
Formerly davidh*****

Quote:
It's avisynth.dll, also for AVS+. If you have 2.6.0.5 versions you probably did something wrong
Here's the properties of the DLL in System32:

It says Avisynth+ 2.6...

Quote:
If you need it (only when you're writing c-plugins)
I guess I'm doing something wrong, then, since I can't compile without linking to it, and also need to define AVS_LINKAGE_DLLIMPORT... these are unfortunately all the things I've never tried to understand, because I just did them and they made it so I could write filters to monkey around with pixels (which I do understand).

Otherwise I get this:

Code:
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) struct AVS_Linkage const * const AVS_linkage" (__imp_?AVS_linkage@@3QBUAVS_Linkage@@B)

Last edited by wonkey_monkey; 18th January 2017 at 20:19.
Old 18th January 2017, 20:46   #2873  |  Link
pinterf

This version could be the old v1576?
Old 18th January 2017, 20:48   #2874  |  Link
wonkey_monkey
Formerly davidh*****

It's what you get when click the big "Installer" button at www.avs-plus.net.
Old 18th January 2017, 20:53   #2875  |  Link
qyot27
...?

Quote:
Here's the properties of the DLL in System32:

It says Avisynth+ 2.6...
Then you definitely need to upgrade, because that version of AviSynth+ (I'm guessing you just installed 0.1/r1576 from the project page, or possibly one of the really early builds from the MT branch, given the 2014 modified date) has been outdated for a long time; it was released three years ago. On a partially separate tangent, a 'stable' 0.2 release has been right on the cusp of being released for over a year but stuff just keeps sidetracking it, which is why simply using the periodic builds from git is the normal thing here.

The latest build by ultim (I can't remember what the revision number was...r2173?) or the latest one by pinterf (r2380) is the one you should be using.
Old 18th January 2017, 21:09   #2876  |  Link
wonkey_monkey
Formerly davidh*****

Eh... well I get why things are the way they are, but it's this kind of situation that could easily put someone off ever trying to use Avisynth in the first place. The original 2.6 is outdated, or so advice I've seen hereabouts says, but the most prominent link to install the modernised fork is also out-of-date with no obvious instructions on how to get an up-to-date version, even if it is a beta...

So I got r2380, copied the x86 DLL to SYSWOW64 and the x64 DLL to System32, and copied the plugins+ and plugins64+ folders over their counterparts that were previously installed... and now I get "AVI Import Filter error: (Unknown) (80040154)" from just a "version" script.

Should I just go back to 2.6? My plugins seem to work okay with Avisynth+ anyway.

---

Edit: I finally figured out how to use AvisynthPluginInit3 instead of AvisynthPluginInit2 and now I don't need to link to avisynth.lib any more ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I shall just stick to r1576 since it was good enough to have an installer at some point in history, and I've not had any problems with it so far.

Last edited by wonkey_monkey; 18th January 2017 at 22:07.
Old 18th January 2017, 23:12   #2877  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Quote:
It's what you get when click the big "Installer" button at www.avs-plus.net.
It's such a pity that the official website is so outdated. You'll find recent MT versions by scanning this thread backwards carefully.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
Old 18th January 2017, 23:14   #2878  |  Link
real.finder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
It's such a pity that the official website is so outdated. You'll find recent MT versions by scanning this thread backwards carefully.
or here http://avisynth.nl/index.php/AviSynth%2B#Downloads
Old 19th January 2017, 02:45   #2879  |  Link
Bexley

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaak View Post
Just started using 64 bit Avisynth+ for my project and it's working out fine. I was wondering if there is a formal way to request a 64 bit version to be made from a 32 bit source? I can't find a 64 bit version of RoboCrop. I asked the author and he is unable to do it because he only has a 32 bit system. I know AutoCrop is available and have been using it, but I find RoboCrop to be more reliable. Thanks.
There is a 64-bit version here but I haven't tried it.

I also have just made the move over to AVS+ because I am finding x64 is able to do things that x32 can't, like TemporalDegrain MT on 1080p source. I'm still trying to work a lot of things out with plugins, and I'm having problems with RemoveDirtMC_SE. I have mvtools, masktools, rgtools, and fluxsmooth from the link above. I also have avsrecursion from Kassandro's RemoveDirt_x64 package. I can't find anything for NLmeansCL in x64, BUT I didn't have them on my x32 system either and it worked.

When I try to load RemoveDirtMC_SE, I get the following error.
Quote:
Script error: Clense does not have a named argument "cache"
If I edit the function script and remove the cache argument, I get the same error with RestoreMotionBlocks. I know this is an RGTools/RemoveGrain/RemoveDirt error somehow because I've seen it before a long time ago, but I can't remember or figure it out.

Anyone have suggestions?
Old 19th January 2017, 02:57   #2880  |  Link
Reel.Deel

@Bexley

RemoveDirtMC_SE uses a lot of older plugins that can probably be replaced by more modern ones. For example, modify the script to use KNLMeansCL instead of NLMeansCL. Regarding the cache parameter, RGTools does not have this parameter so remove all instances in the script. Onto 64-bit RemoveDirt, this version was claimed to be incompatible with the old AviSynth64 so it's a possibility that it also might not work in AviSynth+. See the note that I added at the bottom of the RemoveDirt wiki page:
Quote:
Note: This version is incompatible with AviSynth, it's only here for reference! For more information on incompatibility read post 5 through 14 here.
Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
As real.finder already stated, the AviSynth+ wiki page is the easiest way to keep up with all of the changes. I haven't been as active on the forums as of late but I still try to keep the wiki page up-to-date.

Last edited by Reel.Deel; 19th January 2017 at 03:41.
Closed Thread